Cole Palmer

He played in two glorified friendlies tbf and his half decent showings have probably added 15m to his fee.
Two glorified friendlies yes but how mins did Mactee/Bobb/Gomes get in them? Why if he's such a bad fit? My response was to someone who thinks our squad depth is bulging with so much quality that he cant see a spot for Palmer.

It’s not a popular opinion but Personally I am sick of us selling the promising academy graduates before giving them a real run in the side. Though I’d hate to see us lose, I hope if we do sell him to Chelsea, the lad rips us a new one when we face him as a way of sticking two fingers up to those that sold him. I know that’s what I’d be wanting to do.
That's a weird take.

It’s not a popular opinion but Personally I am sick of us selling the promising academy graduates before giving them a real run in the side. Though I’d hate to see us lose, I hope if we do sell him to Chelsea, the lad rips us a new one when we face him as a way of sticking two fingers up to those that sold him. I know that’s what I’d be wanting to do.
Its not a popular opinion but Personally I am sick of that bald fella giving it the big I am at City. He aint got a clue how to evaulate talent and build a title winning team.

But in all seriousness, will catch a few with that.

So, because something is happening that you don't like, you hope City lose?

I WANT the kid to stay on his feet!

He will cost us at some point. You have to ask why he didn't get more game time if there weren't playing issues, last year!

I hope I'm wrong, but if he doesn't start two of the next 7/8 games and only comes on for the end 10 mins of safe games, there's an issue.
He missed 18 games with a foot injury.

1693412256142.gif

He started 11 PL games last season, which if memory serves is further ahead than Foden was at the same age. It's the same number of games Palmer has started across all competitions at 3 years older than him. Not many teenagers with more senior minutes in the country. Not sure it was touch and go for Foden either.

As I said "canary in the coal mines" as Walker and Cancelo also played. He didn't displace them as people predicted.

Again, it's only early, I'm happy to see his development for game time, this season.

I think £45m would be fair business for Cole given his experience to date. It’s a fair risk Chelsea would be taking on breaking through. Palmer definitely doesn’t possess the talent of Foden so his ceiling is definitely lower but definitely has talent. Price seems about right for both parties.

The question should be 'How come he got dropped after the run of games he had?" and didn't get that time again if he "fitted into our team like a veteran"??
18 ! and still growing when did Foden become a regular? The fact he’s played in a few positions and been trusted to play the inverted full back by Pep should tell you something. His game intelligence probably makes him a better fit for us than he would be for a majority of teams.
Whether he kicks on and continues to progress is another question doubting his potential is just bonkers.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.