Cole Palmer

This is a silly statement.
Kelechi didn't ask for " more playing time or I'm off"
Leicester put in a bid and Kelechi, Leicester and ourselves came to an agreement.

Iheanacho never sulked or let us down.
Cole didn't either he said "if I am not going to get anymore playing time I want to go on loan". Cole never sulked and he never had the chance to let us down.

Took both his goals very well today.
No doubting he's a talent but he doesn't like doing the dirty work so much.
Namely defending.
Maybe that'll come with time.
But I'm still not bothered we sold him.
He stands out in a poor Chelsea team, at City he just looked a good prospect.
Maybe I'll change my mind in the future if he carries on like this or maybe he's just having a purple patch.
One things is guaranteed though, he'll carry on being a knob.

Cole didn't either he said "if I am not going to get anymore playing time I want to go on loan". Cole never sulked and he never had the chance to let us down.
If Cole would have shown as much effort and desire when playing for us he would still be here, but to me it looked like he wasn't progressing enough when given the limited chances he got. We cannot continue to think 'what if' and become all sentimental ruing the day he walked out of the club. Although Chelsea fans think Cole is the best thing since sliced jellied eels they payed us more than handsomely for an academy player with so few first team minutes under his belt. He's doing great at the moment and looking a steal but it's up to Cole to keep striving to better himself and Chelsea because if he has a downturn in form for a few games he could find himself on the subs bench and out through their door. I hope he continues to shine because he coomes across as a decent fella to me who has come good. He'll get a good reception when he comes back here, i hope.

Not sure he would have started as a number 10 in this team ahead of Foden and wouldn't have been guaranteed a starting place as a right winger. And isn't a Pep's style of winger.

It's possible that he can succeed and it still be a good transfer for everyone involved, including us.

His languid style means he is very similar to the player they've just sold, Kai Havertz. Although probably not as physically strong or positionally versatile.

Were we ever likely to build a team around him?

No. He's simply much better suited to Chelsea.

I am a bit dismayed by the negative sentiment towards Palmer expressed by a few here. He is a big success for our academy and looks like he will have a good career. I wish he had managed to show a bit more last season and so be more included in the plans for this season and not feel leaving was his best option but it happened that way so I think we should just wish him well and be glad to see a local lad doing well.

Not sure he would have started as a number 10 in this team ahead of Foden and wouldn't have been guaranteed a starting place as a right winger. And isn't a Pep's style of winger.

It's possible that he can succeed and it still be a good transfer for everyone involved, including us.

His languid style means he is very similar to the player they've just sold, Kai Havertz. Although probably not as physically strong or positionally versatile.

Were we ever likely to build a team around him?

No. He's simply much better suited to Chelsea.
That's the thing, he looked raw and enigmatic and his languid style did himself no favours for much of the time he played for us. We could all see he had plenty of talent but to me he looked like he lacked enough hunger and desire to succeed here and his demeanor came across as he didn't give a fuck a lot of the time. Its becoming increasingly evident that Cole needed minutes that Pep could not guarantee to give him so perhaps Chelsea got wind off Palmer's agent for his client's desire to get more game time, maybe Chelsea offered him more game time. He's a confidence player and his confidence is growing each week as he's strutting around the pitch with bollocks bigger than a six foot cockerel. Fair play Cole lad, loving your cock sure arrogance and I love his bizzare goal celebration dance, wtf is that all about? Amusing none the less.

I think many of us were shocked and surprised how much Chelsea offered us and his transfer went through so fast it was kind of hard to accept and take in because plenty of blues wanted him to be given more time, i know i did, even though i found him frustrating to watch most of the time. Like i mentioned earlier he's gone now so a lot of posts seem to be covering the 'could have' (perhaps) 'should have' 'what if' mantra for ever and a day. We'll never know how good he could have been for us and i feel a bit saddened tbh even though he's probably done the right thing. I wish him happiness and success apart from when he plays against us of course.

Last edited:
He's standing out every week at the minute. Claim chelsea are shit if you want, they're not our standard but it's a very expectant club, there's huge pressure there and he's standing tall where others are collapsing. We seemed to put more money on Mcatee being the better long term bet and granted he's in an even shitter side but he's not looking close to Palmers level this season.

I didn't think we should be selling him but it wasn't an unacceptable decision to sell by any means, we will be fine without palmer however well he does, i just always had a problem with the price. Was always way too low imo and just half a season on, Palmers worth considerably more than £45 million even now.

Always going to get 1 or 2 we shouldn't have let go or let go too cheaply, no harm in admitting it. Don't really understand the desire from some to shit on him. He hasnt bad mouthed us and will still give us something in that he'll represent the success of the academy and show we produce quality players whether they make it at city or not. That's always going to help us bring in the next lad we can sell for £45 million. unless they're doing a Sancho, I wish them well, just not if it hurts us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.