Cole Palmer

I think it was @domalino who said perhaps Bobb (and other young players at City) are watching Palmer's rise with keen eyes.

And Jeremie Frimpong, who's just been named one of 5 world class players in Germany and is being chased by every top side in the world.

These kids know each other, they often have family members in the age groups above or below them.

And Jeremie Frimpong, who's just been named one of 5 world class players in Germany and is being chased by every top side in the world.

These kids know each other, they often have family members in the age groups above or below them.

Yeah, it's the same reason we started losing players earlier and earlier. Livramento didn't even want to go on loan. He had played zero professional minutes anywhere and yet he had clubs lining up to pay millions for him. They've seen the successes of Tomori, Abraham (before he got injured), even Musiala to an extent, take control over their own careers and prosper elsewhere. So yeah, players are observing what is happening around them.

No, it’s not normal to be ‘gutted’ every time you see the name of a player who’s left the club after playing only a handful of games.
It’s fucking weird unless you’re 10.

A player I had watched rise through the ranks at youth level and I had hoped would be a big player for us for years to come? Nothing weird about it. Obviously being gutted every time you hear his name is putting it a bit strongly but I do feel gutted every time I watch Livramento play for Newcastle.

I would also but he didn’t leave for more money, he left because he thought he’ll get better career development by going out on loan than learning from Pep.

If he said it’s a short career & I need to make as much money as possible I’d say he’s made the right decision, same with Sancho.
Maybe he did maybe he didn’t but you cannot deny Chelsea have set him up for life. A signing on fee and a 7 year contract on (if true) 100k per week, we pay our younger players well but he wouldn’t have been on half of that here. With the added bonus of more playing time nobody can blame him for the move.

It all depends on what you want out of life. People with a short term view were telling Foden to follow Sancho out of the door but look at them now. On the other hand Sancho is earning a hell of a lot more money than Foden so it begs the question, money or medals?

Maybe he did maybe he didn’t but you cannot deny Chelsea have set him up for life. A signing on fee and a 7 year contract on (if true) 100k per week, we pay our younger players well but he wouldn’t have been on half of that here. With the added bonus of more playing time nobody can blame him for the move.

It all depends on what you want out of life. People with a short term view were telling Foden to follow Sancho out of the door but look at them now. On the other hand Sancho is earning a hell of a lot more money than Foden so it begs the question, money or medals?

Sancho was the one of the best young talents in Europe before he ended up in the hands of United, probably the only club in the league worse than Chelsea in getting a tune out of young talents signed for big money. I don't think anybody would have said Sancho made the wrong decision to leave when he was lighting it up with Haaland in Germany. But yeah, bad choices can derail a career.

I was one of those who used to think Foden might be better off leaving but at the time you had David and Bernado Silva as well as Gundogan and KDB. I wrongly assumed that Silva left, you'd just replace him with another big money big name signing, but credit to City and Pep, they stayed patient and believed in Foden.

Sancho was the one of the best young talents in Europe before he ended up in the hands of United, probably the only club in the league worse than Chelsea in getting a tune out of young talents signed for big money. I don't think anybody would have said Sancho made the wrong decision to leave when he was lighting it up with Haaland in Germany. But yeah, bad choices can derail a career.

I was one of those who used to think Foden might be better off leaving but at the time you had David and Bernado Silva as well as Gundogan and KDB. I wrongly assumed that Silva left, you'd just replace him with another big money big name signing, but credit to City and Pep, they stayed patient and believed in Foden.
Plus Sancho has a Billy big bollocks attitude and that is never a good thing long term as many rag youngster has found out

I think the fact his wages trebled plus he was given either a £3 or £4m signing on fee might have helped him make a decision. Good player who looks better in a currently shit Chelsea side. Will Bobb become a better player?
They didn't treble and he wasn't given anything like that for signing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.