Cole Palmer

I’m guessing you’re speaking from authority as someone who knows the details of his contract with Chelsea?
If not and you’re just guessing like everyone else then you’ll have to lay out your reasons to think his wages weren’t trebled. I’d have thought he was on about 20k max a week at City and he’s definitely on more than 60k now.
Most players tend to get 10% fixed fee of their transfer fee so it’s not unreasonable to assume he pocketed around 4m from the move.
Happy to be told otherwise though.
I don't know the details of his contract in any way shape or form, however I have first hand experience on what he thinks about all the press speculation regarding his change of wages. He's on very good money at Chelsea and for a brief period towards the end of his life a city he was also on a good wage.

He is definitely earning more at Chelsea but talk of him doubling or tripling his wages are just a way of making it sound like he's motivated only by money which is well unfair on the lad.

I don't know the details of his contract in any way shape or form, however I have first hand experience on what he thinks about all the press speculation regarding his change of wages. He's on very good money at Chelsea and for a brief period towards the end of his life a city he was also on a good wage.

He is definitely earning more at Chelsea but talk of him doubling or tripling his wages are just a way of making it sound like he's motivated only by money which is well unfair on the lad.
I don’t think he left for financial reasons tbf but there’s no escaping the fact his wage would have been dramatically increased and won’t be far off being trebled.
Good luck to the lad.

I’m not trying to knock him at all, I’m highlighting exactly what you’ve said he is looking good for Chelsea this season so far but is being talked about like he’s Messi, the media need to chill out a bit.
If you look at some of the donkeys that waistcoat is picking, he’s head and shoulders above them already.. Slabhead, Henderson, Kalvin Phillips, to name but a few ….
It doesn’t matter who he’s playing for, he’s playing in the PL against the very best in the world and he’s coping no problem … !

He would get into any squad in world football and that’s why the media are waxing lyrical about him.. He has a long way to go for sure but he’s well and truly on the right path ..

Sorry mate,but lots of footballers have great egos.

Some of the best that have ever played the game could be described as Billy big bollocks ....it's Football.

At youth team level depends on family background, the battles / bullying/ banter you may have to endure as you ,make your way to the 1st team.
Look at Justin Fasanus record at Norwich as a youngster at his home town club...fragile confidence tho..moves to Forest and Clough destroys him ,in front of other players and the local media..

If Fashanu had the self confidence of some other player....or his brother..a wholly different career might have been had. You don't know what bullying is like until you 've experienced if. Either knock the bully out or withdraw further into your shell....

Nothing wrong in having faith in your ability ,and being ultra confident
Watch Phil Foden berate Yaya Toure as a 16 year old during his 1st senior appearance for City...Gascoigne at Newcastle,as an 18 year old used to tell senior 1st team players in training what they were doing wrong!

Self confidence is essential for success in any competitive field.
Not to be confused with Billy big bollocks??
Self confidence is essential for success but Sancho has achieved fuck all and even so he acts the ****, same as garnacho , greenwood and most of the rag squad. Most if not all of our squad are humble and team players who put the club first

You will have thought Foden was better leaving because of the media agenda. You speak to people outside of the club & they had absolutely no idea how much he was playing, over 100 games before his 21st birthday. He’s 23 & played 250 games for City, it’s mental the perception fans outside City have of him.

That's probably fair enough. I wonder how many of those games were off the bench though, and how many starts? The perception I had of Foden back then was of a young player with immense immense talent but not getting enough starts for a player of his quality, which I also understood because he had mega players like David and Bernado Silva plus KDB occupying the positions he likes to play in. Once David Silva left and you didn't replace him with another big name signing, I realised what City's plan had been all along for Foden.

He didn't look any good last night. Missed several sitters.
Take away the penalties and there's not much to show, but he looks decent in a shit team. Like most players, he'll improve with game-time, which he's now getting - and he wouldn't have got that with us.
Good luck to the lad - he did just about OK for us as an occasional substitute, but, he didn't kick on last season and, imho, missed his chance then. At £40-45M, we we got good money for him.
You do realise he came back from a bad injury last season which set him back for us ?

I d8dnt see the whole game last night but it's a bit ingenious to say " he didn't look any good "

Missing chances can happen to anybody..ask Haaland.

The bits of the game I saw,with Chelsea desperately trying to get back into the match late on,Palmer looked classy intelligent and up for the fight.
In a semi final game of two legs,a 1 nil defeat away in the 1st leg is no crushimg blow.

Older City fans(75/76 season) will recall us losing 1nil at the old ayrsome Park..before smashing Boro 4nil at Maine rd in the 2nd leg,the prelude to us winning our 1st trophy for 6 years...with a far ,more talented,cohesive team than Chelsea put out last night ,imo.

Palmer is 45 mins away from the chance of gaining his 2nd winners medal of the season.....is currently,arguably, Chelsea best player,is being talked about as a possible England starter...what s not to like about his career progress,.. if looked at through neutral,not blue ( bitter?) eyes.

That's probably fair enough. I wonder how many of those games were off the bench though, and how many starts? The perception I had of Foden back then was of a young player with immense immense talent but not getting enough starts for a player of his quality, which I also understood because he had mega players like David and Bernado Silva plus KDB occupying the positions he likes to play in. Once David Silva left and you didn't replace him with another big name signing, I realised what City's plan had been all along for Foden.
How many starts? Eas enough. According to the Bluemon history forum, up to Dec 31st 2023, 243 games - 156 starts and 87 subs.

How many starts? Eas enough. According to the Bluemon history forum, up to Dec 31st 2023, 243 games - 156 starts and 87 subs.

Thanks but to be fair, I was referring to a few years ago. It's obvious Foden has been considered a clear starter the last 12-18 months.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.