Comcast looking to buy Sky

deegee33

Being from Philadelphia, the home of Comcast, for the sake of all that is right and proper in the world, I hope not. Undoubtedly, the most greedy cable and internet provider in my country, if not the world. The ONLY good thing that they've ever done is to bring the Premier League to broadcast in the States. Absolute dreadful customer service and prices that don't have to be competitive since they are a virtual monopoly. If I were the King of the world, they would be banished to Antarctica along with Trafford United and mayonnaise. The other two things that I detest, as well.

Being from Philadelphia, the home of Comcast, for the sake of all that is right and proper in the world, I hope not. Undoubtedly, the most greedy cable and internet provider in my country, if not the world. The ONLY good thing that they've ever done is to bring the Premier League to broadcast in the States. Absolute dreadful customer service and prices that don't have to be competitive since they are a virtual monopoly. If I were the King of the world, they would be banished to Antarctica along with Trafford United and mayonnaise. The other two things that I detest, as well.
Their brand of customer service over here would make Ryanair look competent.

Lol I'd like to see this happen just to see the fallout, horrendous company that make sky look like angels
I was just this moment thinking that, if they are that bad then it will probably see more go the cord cutting route. They will look at what we pay for footy and test the water with a price increase on sky sports. It is a lazy quick cash grab but will give them confidence bidding in the future if subscribers basically accept it. They will want to see returns reasonably quick and sky sports is the juicy low hanging fruit.

I was just this moment thinking that, if they are that bad then it will probably see more go the cord cutting route. They will look at what we pay for footy and test the water with a price increase on sky sports. It is a lazy quick cash grab but will give them confidence bidding in the future if subscribers basically accept it. They will want to see returns reasonably quick and sky sports is the juicy low hanging fruit.
Wouldn't be surprised if they ended up causing 'the bubble' to burst. Think we're reaching a tipping point at the moment

Wouldn't be surprised if they ended up causing 'the bubble' to burst. Think we're reaching a tipping point at the moment
Just googled to see if they indicated they would indeed want to see quick returns from the purchase and they do...

"It said that it expects a combination with Sky to help Comcast’s free cash flow per share increase from the very first year onwards – excluding one-time transaction related expenses.

“The board of Comcast believes that this transaction would provide attractive returns to shareholders and the combined business would be well positioned to drive future growth,” it said."

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/b...d-broadcast-regulatory-approval-a8230401.html

Like you note, this will be very interesting. I know business guys have got the popcorn out as well. A big heavy weight world title fight this is for that world of business isn't it.

Just googled to see if they indicated they would indeed want to see quick returns from the purchase and they do...

"It said that it expects a combination with Sky to help Comcast’s free cash flow per share increase from the very first year onwards – excluding one-time transaction related expenses.

“The board of Comcast believes that this transaction would provide attractive returns to shareholders and the combined business would be well positioned to drive future growth,” it said."

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/b...d-broadcast-regulatory-approval-a8230401.html

Like you note, this will be very interesting. I know business guys have got the popcorn out as well. A big heavy weight world title fight this is for that world of business isn't it.

I've got the popcorn ready tee, sweet or salted? ;)

Hmm. I've been seeing a lot of ads over here for comcast, phone. internet and t.v.
It sounds a fuck of a lot cheaper than the robbing twats that we have now (Rogers and Bell) and they've even got Tie Domi doing the ads. :)
But it sounds like they are a just another bunch of scummy twats that I might as well steer clear of.

Might this be good for City though? Clear out of all the old rags, dippers, arseholes and spuds, City and Pep the main attraction etc so potentially an editorial change?? I know fuck all about the company never heard of them and I am probably talking out of my arse but anything that smashes the “sky 4 agenda “....might be better??
Ps not that keen on mayo but like it with tuna and a drop of lemon juice.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.