Community Shield - Arsenal (N) | Sun 6th Aug - 16:00

Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
What do we think will be achieved by boycotting this game? The Fa, premiere league and TV companies will all suddenly realise that we have had enough and change their ways? It's an empty gesture that will have zero impact.
I get the need to save money, I understand and agree that we need to be heard and taken into account, but this will do fuck all. Lets not pretend this is a grand gesture, when in truth a lot wouldn't have bothered anyway.

I have read all the posts on this thread and find I am deeply conflicted. I hate the idea of Pep and the boys thinking we don't care (although I am sure they will also know why) but equally, I fucking detest what TV and football bodies (FA/UEFA) have done to our game.

I am also deeply sympathetic to all those that will find this an unnecessary economic and logistical nightmare. Having survived Istanbul, and having had a little insight into the repugnant and grotesque behaviour of UEFA last weekend (see other post on staying at the UEFA HQ hotel), I am inclined to boycott this game, but I am just such an old cynical grumpy twat these days, that I believe that the FA, Sky, ITV, UEFA, etc., have simply given up caring about us real match-attending fans - wether we are there or not.

They learnt that from Covid. Empty stadiums really don't make a difference with piped in crowd noise, and I am sure in some near future, should it happen again, AI generated fans! Empty stadiums hit real football, but TV rights and money kept coming.

If we don't take our seats, they will just be filled by revolting day-trippers, tourists and half and half wankers. Maybe, the best form of protest is banners, booing, protest at a certain time - but it could just be an empty gesture - as they honestly simply don't care.

So, I still don't know what to do - but please, whatever someone decides to do - they are here and making that decision as a loyal City fan - and that should be respected.

What do people really think is going to happen from a half baked boycott?

It will get the wider football community talking, which might lead to positive change (similar to what happened with £20s plenty, Safe Standing and European Super League). It could also CONTINUE to raise money for great charity in Manchester (over £4k raised so far).
-Are the FA/ Premier league going to be remotely bothered there may be a few thousand seats empty, not at all ( the whole football World expects us to have Empty seats anyway ) this will just had fuel to that thought
So you're saying we shouldn't do it in case someone posts a nasty tweet about City fans? ...real fans get it, that's all that matters.
-Most fans won’t even know about this boycott with it not coming direct from the club,there will be many still go who usually can’t get tickets to showpiece matches at Wembley, especially families and tourist fans. If I wasn’t on this forum I would not even know about the boycott !

The boycott has been raised/discussed on:

- The Daily Mail
- TalkSport
-Sky Sports News
- MEN

The OSC emailed their members to discuss it. There are tweets with millions of impressions about it.

You do know about the boycott, which shows it's been publicised brilliantly so far. Short of knocking on doors I don't know what more you'd expect people to do?

Those families and 'tourist fans' will still go, but there won't be 20k+. Also, I don't think we have sold out an FA cup semi-final at Wembley recently. Could they not have gone then? Or is there a new swathe of fans that have struggled to get tickets to general sale games that I'm not aware of?

-we are in our biggest period of success with that comes the fact that football authorities & police will move ko times and match days, this is nothing new and won’t change but get worse with more matches squeezing in to a season with success comes many games
Where has anyone argued with the number of games? The point of the boycott is that it's a 5:30 kick-off. I don't see why people are struggling to understand why that isn't on.

- it’s easy to say let’s boycott this game as a lot of hardcore fans are not that into a wembley charity shield , a serious boycott would be to do it at a fa cup final but fans wouldn’t want to miss a fa cup so that won’t ever happen

The FA cup final was on a Saturday at 3pm.

- imagine pep and the team coming out to the first big showpiece game since winning the treble and our end is half empty, pep will be well happy about that .
Ah, true... who is thinking of the 11 multi-millionaires and how they'll feel about all this? If Pep gets the fans, he'd understand and support the boycott.

City fans are always there when it matters.

-I also think of the club will get wind of this and then just start selling the bottom tier first then lower regions of top tiers so it won’t even be that noticeable on Tv

So fans who are going despite the boycott. Buy tickets towards the back if you can.... try and leave the front rows empty and create the talking point we want to achieve!
Anyway that’s my thoughts and I will be going as a Sunday later KO suits me and work better anyway
"I'm alright, Jack".....

Completely agree with all that sentiment but just curious to know how you arrived at 77 games? I’ve got it to a maximum possible of 69 including the Community Shield.
Premier League 38
Champions League 13
FA Cup 8
Carabao Cup 6
World Club Cup 2
Super Cup 1
Community Shield 1
I’ve included possible replays in FA Cup 3rd and 4th rounds if same rules are in place as last season.

Whatever folk think about attending, or not, it would be good to get that just-giving page as a fixed view at the top of this thread, may just get a few bob more toward a decent cause, even from those who are going anyway, any mods/techies here able to do that..?
'ere 'ere.

Got it!
Why don’t City put the match on a big screen at Ethihad so the fans can go there?! Now that would send out the message loud and clear…..

And all watch the game on TV, in protest at the kick off time set by TV?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.