Community Shield - Arsenal (N) | Sun 6th Aug - 16:00

Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
What do we think will be achieved by boycotting this game? The Fa, premiere league and TV companies will all suddenly realise that we have had enough and change their ways? It's an empty gesture that will have zero impact.
I get the need to save money, I understand and agree that we need to be heard and taken into account, but this will do fuck all. Lets not pretend this is a grand gesture, when in truth a lot wouldn't have bothered anyway.
It could be a catalyst for something bigger.
More clubs' fans could make a stand, not just CS but midweek away league and cup matches with long journeys, ticket prices, food and drinks prices, merchandise, etc.
Sometimes you just have to show that you stand for something otherwise they'll just keep pushing you over.

We all know the FA are not fit for purpose at the moment......... however, considering we get enough shit getting "Emptihad" thrown at us, although obviously untrue, the Charity/Community/whatever shield at Wembley is a big game no matter what some people on here may think.
Imagine the additional shit if thousands of fans boycotted the match turning it into Emptihad South, what impression would that show to the club, other fanbases, the press etc.
Ps I live in Greece so won't be there anyway, but I'll be watching it in my usual bar and will be interested to see how this pans out, and how the Media shower spin it should it happen.
The community shield is not a big game it’s a glorified pre season friendly, you only have to attend and watch them, they are so boring.

Luck of the draw on journey's.Away prices good.
Food,drink and merchandise if not happy do not buy.
Not much wrong on midweek away trips.
If you are thinking of a boycott you would as well add home games in.

It could be a catalyst for something bigger.
More clubs' fans could make a stand, not just CS but midweek away league and cup matches with long journeys, ticket prices, food and drinks prices, merchandise, etc.
Sometimes you just have to show that you stand for something otherwise they'll just keep pushing you over.

You have hit on the main point. Without fans of all clubs (Or at least all of the top 6 or 7) it will have little or no impact. We are all so tribal that it will probably never happen. I get all the arguments for, I really do, but this will make zero difference.
That said, if a few grand extra goes to Manchester foodbanks, then it is all worthwhile.

We all know the FA are not fit for purpose at the moment......... however, considering we get enough shit getting "Emptihad" thrown at us, although obviously untrue, the Charity/Community/whatever shield at Wembley is a big game no matter what some people on here may think.
Imagine the additional shit if thousands of fans boycotted the match turning it into Emptihad South, what impression would that show to the club, other fanbases, the press etc.
Ps I live in Greece so won't be there anyway, but I'll be watching it in my usual bar and will be interested to see how this pans out, and how the Media shower spin it should it happen.
Who gives a flying fck about how the media spin it? I've had the piss took out of me from the age of 11 when I first started going to Maine Road. Fck the lot of them. I've seen us win a treble!

What do people really think is going to happen from a half baked boycott?
Unless the club get onboard with this (which 100% they won’t ) it just seems a bit pointless to me
-Are the FA/ Premier league going to be remotely bothered there may be a few thousand seats empty, not at all ( the whole football World expects us to have Empty seats anyway ) this will just had fuel to that thought
-Most fans won’t even know about this boycott with it not coming direct from the club,there will be many still go who usually can’t get tickets to showpiece matches at Wembley, especially families and tourist fans. If I wasn’t on this forum I would not even know about the boycott !
-we are in our biggest period of success with that comes the fact that football authorities & police will move ko times and match days, this is nothing new and won’t change but get worse with more matches squeezing in to a season with success comes many games
- it’s easy to say let’s boycott this game as a lot of hardcore fans are not that into a wembley charity shield , a serious boycott would be to do it at a fa cup final but fans wouldn’t want to miss a fa cup so that won’t ever happen
- imagine pep and the team coming out to the first big showpiece game since winning the treble and our end is half empty, pep will be well happy about that .
-I also think of the club will get wind of this and then just start selling the bottom tier first then lower regions of top tiers so it won’t even be that noticeable on Tv

Anyway that’s my thoughts and I will be going as a Sunday later KO suits me and work better anyway
It’s already gained quite a bit of attention in the media, the question being openly asked about kick off times and Northern clubs being forced to hike to London at ridiculous times. Every time that conversation is had, it will have been a little more worthwhile. If it ever turns out that games are moved and more consideration are given to fans and this was in sone way part of that, then it will have been 100% worthwhile.

It will get the wider football community talking, which might lead to positive change (similar to what happened with £20s plenty, Safe Standing and European Super League). It could also CONTINUE to raise money for great charity in Manchester (over £4k raised so far).

So you're saying we shouldn't do it in case someone posts a nasty tweet about City fans? ...real fans get it, that's all that matters.

The boycott has been raised/discussed on:

- The Daily Mail
- TalkSport
-Sky Sports News
- MEN

The OSC emailed their members to discuss it. There are tweets with millions of impressions about it.

You do know about the boycott, which shows it's been publicised brilliantly so far. Short of knocking on doors I don't know what more you'd expect people to do?

Those families and 'tourist fans' will still go, but there won't be 20k+. Also, I don't think we have sold out an FA cup semi-final at Wembley recently. Could they not have gone then? Or is there a new swathe of fans that have struggled to get tickets to general sale games that I'm not aware of?

Where has anyone argued with the number of games? The point of the boycott is that it's a 5:30 kick-off. I don't see why people are struggling to understand why that isn't on.

The FA cup final was on a Saturday at 3pm.

Ah, true... who is thinking of the 11 multi-millionaires and how they'll feel about all this? If Pep gets the fans, he'd understand and support the boycott.

City fans are always there when it matters.

So fans who are going despite the boycott. Buy tickets towards the back if you can.... try and leave the front rows empty and create the talking point we want to achieve!

"I'm alright, Jack".....

people will always see the other side or "im allowed an opinion"

The worse posts are "what is the point"

Im backing the boycott, have from day one

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.