Community Shield - Arsenal (N) | Sun 6th Aug - 16:00

Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is ridiculous that the site next to the NEC where a proposed national sradium was to be built before the government fiddled it to rebuild wembly is no a cineworld and unused brownfield land.

What an absolute waste

I mean there wasn't really, if you count getting out at say 7.15pm and getting the train back to Manchester (including the tube)

19.27 with 3 changes gets you to Piccadilly at 11.30 pm

and then you have these:

• 19:51 gets you in at 00:14 with 2 changes
  • 20:27 gets you in at 00:48 with 2 changes

• 20:51 gets you in at 04:37 with 3 changes

• 21:27 gets you in at 03:33 with 3 changes
And double price for taxis. @Stephen230 is always saying the opposite, no matter what the topic.
I can only speak for myself. Before any boycott was announced I said I wasn't going. City play an under strength team and rightly treat it as a friendly. The FA treat it as a cash cow and us as fuckwits. 200 miles to a shithole stadium with overpriced tickets and beer.
I don't do friendlies and I won't watch this on TV, why give advertisers the money, it defeats a boycott. I give my full backing to 1894 and anyone else that supports them.

It is ridiculous that the site next to the NEC where a proposed national sradium was to be built before the government fiddled it to rebuild wembly is no a cineworld and unused brownfield land.

What an absolute waste

Birmingham unveiled the £324m bid to be the home of the national football stadium in August.

The 85,000-seater stadium would host football and rugby league events as well as music concerts and would also feature a leisure complex.

The proposed location for the new stadium is a green-field site near the National Exhibition Centre and the M42.

73DCE427-DD11-49B4-909E-9A0B7B6A32B7.jpeg

I will 100% not be attending this - I was already thinking of not going, then saw its a Sunday and regardless of 4 or 530ko it just made me more determined not to attend...

The FA made a massive thing about football for the fans when the Super League was touted, yet have done a flat eff all since then to show it.

Even England v North Macedonia would have been at Wembley if there hadn't been a concert.

Shall we get them to rebuild Maine Road over pre-season and host it there?

Nothing short of that will make some fans happy
Or do nowt and we get a super cup against a team we've already thrashed twice, (Seville) and a World Club Cup, (I mean what dah fuck) in Saudi and ....... if we, the fans hadn't protested we'd be playing Barca twice a season in some fucked up Super league with a play off match in Miami.

You sit on your hands saying nowt. Me, I hate the way football is going.

Birmingham unveiled the £324m bid to be the home of the national football stadium in August.

The 85,000-seater stadium would host football and rugby league events as well as music concerts and would also feature a leisure complex.

The proposed location for the new stadium is a green-field site near the National Exhibition Centre and the M42.

View attachment 84012

Why spend £324million and make it accessible to the whole country when you can spend £800million and keep it in London?

people on here who were not going but proposing a boycott should not comment. When I was a shop steward at a large engineering company and a mass meeting was called, those members who had their mortgages all paid and no kids, voted for ban on overtime knowing it would not affect them. Same here I think people who spent all their money on the cup final and Istanbul cannot afford another trip so jump on the boycott bandwagon, there are some that could not get tickets for either of the finals who have never been to a match at that stadium would want to go so why stop them the chance of going.
No one, including 1894 are stopping you ! All they/we are saying is stop shitting on us. I presume you would go to an 8.30pm Sunday kick off ?

I think we fans had (and still have) an incredible amount of power. The issue we have (in the UK especially) is that we're too tribal to work together in any meaningful way. There's no need to 'divide and conquer' us because we do it ourselves.

We have power. But we do not wield it.
You are so right - when I was on the FSA committee we'd try and get campaigns going to help save a club or make them aware of an issue another club's fans were dealing with and it was the same.reply every time -
Fuck them (insert rags / scousers / cockney / brummie etc etc etc) twats.
The German's do it a lot. They will put down their rivalry and stand / march side by side demonstrating whatever issue.
Here the FA know we are too busy shouting "empty seats / dippers" at each other and waving inflatable European Cups at rival fans.
Twice fans have stood together and both times we got the result- Game 39 and the Euro Super League.

We can have it all, but how much do you wan'-it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.