Community Shield - Arsenal (N) | Sun 6th Aug - 16:00

Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes! I'd forgotten that.
That's the thing. Fans will join together on an issue that affects everyone. On single club issues they won't.
What other clubs fans who are shouting "you wouldn't have sold out / empty seats" here don't get is if (say Newcastle) get there next year they may get treated the same if we all don't stand together now.

I think on the Wembley issue, for the majority of fans, unless they reach a play off final, it is not sometimes that will affect them. This is because most finals are contested by top six sides in the premier league, or at the very least a premier league club. There is the odd exception, like Sheffield United this season for the semi final, but those occasions are becoming rarer.

If it's a side that hasn't reached Wembley for years then they won't care too much about the inconvenience of getting there and back, or the cost, they just want to be there as it's a rare visit for them. We were like that before we were always playing at the place.

Fans are too busy scoring stupid online points with other clubs to want to stick together. If only they did we would have the best prices, kick off times etcetera, but their own tribal mentality blinds them to this fact.

That’s exactly what we’d be taking away from a Newcastle, a Leicester City, probably soon a Brighton

You can see why getting anything agreed between football fans of different clubs is nigh impossible, when we disagree so much amongst our own members.

Politicians must love that football became a bigger divider of the masses than religion, race, sexuality could ever achieve. Not only that, we moan and then still turn up!!!!

Fleecing fans on silly long trips abroad for daft competitions is not acceptable
True, but the Super Cup is always likely to be between clubs from different countries so at least one set of fans will have to travel. Unless you mean it should be in a country directly between the two in order to reduce air miles.

The Super Cup has been running with the same rules since 1972. If that’s “the way football is going”, we’re fifty years too late sayin owt

Nothing wrong with the Super Cup’s format at all, and I’m not totally on board with the new format for the Club World Cup but a lot on here are saying they prefer it as it’ll be more competitive, so, swings and roundabouts.
@paska the Thursday Night Shite has been revamped to allow the history clubs to keep making money. The rags weren't good enough to stay in the Champs League so they dropped down into the Thursday Cup. Seville whilst not a history club were the same. Instead of a semi meaningful 'Super Cup'. Its all just a money making scam. If you want to go or watch on tele, fine, your choice. I won't be doing either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.