Congratulations to a top Blue

congratulations......Thanks for the Cornerhouse nights as well.......top blue. Well deserved after all your hard work mate

Thanks to Damocles for posting this and his comments. Also, thanks to everyone who has commented. It means a lot. I was surprised to see a thread about me/this, so thanks for all your efforts. My PhD was something I'd been hoping to do for years and it has been a tough journey at times, especially as I've had to fund it myself and, obviously, had much less opportunity to do paid work while I've been doing this. Anyway, your comments mean a lot and I am grateful to everyone who has taken the time and trouble to write something here, or to email me/comment on my twitter/facebook etc.

If you're wondering my thesis title was: "The Emergence, Development and Establishment of Association Football in Manchester" and these two articles form part of my recent research:

- http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/17460263.2013.873075?src=recsys (free to download & covering the birth of association football in Manchester)
- http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/14660970.2014.961378?src=recsys (sadly behind a paywall, but if you get access via a university, library, college etc. it would be worth checking - this covers the 1904 FAC success)

I know many on BM have already read these, but thought I'd post them if anyone is wondering. There is a third article about to be published giving the biographical stories of Manchester footballing pioneers John Nall, Fitzroy Norris and Joshua Parlby (MCFC's most prominent early leader). I'll let everyone know when that's available.

Thanks again.

Always delighted to read your work mate, and you provide an insight/perspective about Manchester City that nobody else does or is able to do. Congratulations again and please post your next article if and when it becomes available!

I met Gary at the Alky OSC meeting a couple of years ago and bought his book for my lad, so he will always know the true picture of football in Manchester. Gary is a top bloke as well as an incredible researcher and author. Well done mate.

Bravo, well done that man!
I love the history section on here, such incredible dedication and research given to what was obviously a mammoth task.

Massive congratulations Gary. I'm in my second year of doing a PhD in Health Sciences, so truly appreciate all the hard work you must have put in. I read the articles a while ago, but have just enjoyed an hour going through them again.

Enjoy all of the success and have a well earned rest!

Long, long overdue.

Not met the good Dr in person but seen him at a couple of events and what cames across is not only his knowledge but how he was happy to chat with people.

Made people feel comfortable and how down to earth he was.

Top respect to you.

Now this thesis you defended. Does he play for AEK and does he track back?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.