Controversial City opinions

I don't think he did.

He wasn't a negative for the team and there were games or at least moments (that UCL goal had me thinking he was going to be insane) but a lot of the time he looked unsure of what to do and wasn't really doing anything to impact the game.

Just takes the ball, passes it to someone else, nothing of consequence.

That being said, he came up huge in that West Ham away game at the end of the season and calling Savic a **** won me over.

This season, he clearly knows his role and how to affect the game. The G/A stuff doesn't mean anything to me, we once won the league with our top scorer having 13 goals. When you watch the game, you see what Grealish does in terms of advancing the ball and creating space/opportunity.
We disagree then which is fine. My explanation is on the previous page. Its sometimes difficult to see what Pep wants but for the last couple of seasons it’s been don’t give the ball away and slow things down. Grealish does not give the ball away. It might not look like much but it’s what is needed. He also moves the team forward more times than anyone else.

We disagree then which is fine. My explanation is on the previous page. Its sometimes difficult to see what Pep wants but for the last couple of seasons it’s been don’t give the ball away and slow things down. Grealish does not give the ball away. It might not look like much but it’s what is needed. He also moves the team forward more times than anyone else.

This is what I like about him this year. I think this year he has been phenomenal. His retention of the ball is remarkable, he pulls defenders out of position and creates space for other players, and he's always guaranteed to get the ball up the pitch to allow us to set up our shape in the opponents half.

He just wasn't doing this at this frequency last year. And he's said so himself that he was in awe of the team and had to find his confidence.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.