Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

It's obviously really popular to just have a massive shit on UEFA, but if they're discussing delaying or cancelling a tournament as big as the Euros, with serious impact to 12 different countries, or trying to work out the possibilities or ramifications of delaying it by 12 months....that's not a meeting you can just have on the fly, get the lads round the conference table in Nyom tomorrow 9 am..

They're supposedly about to announce that the CL and Europa are suspended, so why would they rush into a meeting about Euro 2020 tomorrow?
I don't really understand your point. The meeting is to discuss club competitions as well as Euro 2020. Why wait five days to have that meeting?

Best thing to do now is just postpone all games for a month, get rid of all the uncertainty, then maybe pencil in a date mid april for it to start up again, see where we're up to by then and if it's safe to do so, start it up again and pick up where we left off. You could finish the season end of june.

I'm not a fan of the idea of just scrapping the season and starting again in August. People have spent fortunes this season buying tickets and travelling to games, not to mention missing out on family time, and all for nothing in the end?! Wouldnt like that at all.
They really need a decision on the Euros first. Any extension to the season depends entirely on the Euros being postponed as the international teams have first dibs on the players long before the end of June.

Don't you think it would give the European professional leagues plus the CL/Euro Cups more flexibility in rescheduling after their postponements?

But the postponements are all until early to mid April.

So as long as they make a decision before then, the FAs will have the information they need.

Yes, presumably what happens with regards to the idea of fulfilling games in the summer if possible after the postponements.

Not carrying out games in the immediate future.

Tell me why you think Tuesday is too late to make a decision on if the Euros is cancelled/postponed to allow summer league football?

Bearing in mind the people that need to be at the meeting are also the people who are currently dealing with their local football situation and that they'll need to be coordinating with governments and city councils etc if postponing is on the table.

Last edited:
They really need a decision on the Euros first. Any extension to the season depends entirely on the Euros being postponed as the international teams have first dibs on the players long before the end of June.
I heard the Euros were gonna be postponed until next summer, although that might not be definite yet.

Yes, presumably what happens with regards to the idea of fulfilling games in the summer if possible after the postponements.

Tell me why you think Tuesday is too late to make a decision on if the Euros is cancelled/postponed to allow summer league football?

Bearing in mind the people that need to be at the meeting are also the people who are

You’re having a mare lad.

Bearing in mind the people that need to be at the meeting are also the people who are
it is 2020,they can have this meeting by conference calls set up for this evening

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.