Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

Yes, presumably what happens with regards to the idea of fulfilling games in the summer if possible after the postponements.

Not carrying out games in the immediate future.

Tell me why you think Tuesday is too late to make a decision on if the Euros is cancelled/cancelled postponed to allow summer league football?
I'm not really arsed about the Euros at the moment, to be honest. I just don't understand why they haven't made an announcement re: CL and Europa League yet. The implication from their statement is that we won't get that until after the meeting on Tuesday, which seems like an unnecessary delay to me.

You’re having a mare lad.

I'm not, people are just desperate to shit on IEFA because its UEFA.

they are sorting out a meeting to work out if its possible and decide if they should postpone or cancel a tournament which involves 12 host countries, 24 participating nations and 55 football associations and if they can play the leagues in the summer.

5 days to organise that isnt bad. And especially when they have 3 months until the tournament start date.

I'm not really arsed about the Euros at the moment, to be honest. I just don't understand why they haven't made an announcement re: CL and Europa League yet. The implication from their statement is that we won't get that until after the meeting on Tuesday, which seems like an unnecessary delay to me.

They've already announced our game and Juventus v Lyon are suspended though, so clearly we wont have to wait until after Tuesday's meeting to hear about that.

They probably want to get tonight's games which they've already cleared with local FAs and governments, and where the risk of travelling has already happened for the teams involved- out of the way before announcing a complete suspension.

Not making this a political thread but sounds like the Government haven't got a clue on this one, just postpone it and play it all in the summer if we can, Euro's goes back to next year.

It's obviously really popular to just have a massive shit on UEFA, but if they're discussing delaying or cancelling a tournament as big as the Euros, with serious impact to 12 different countries, or trying to work out the possibilities or ramifications of delaying it by 12 months....that's not a meeting you can just have on the fly, get the lads round the conference table in Nyom tomorrow 9 am..

They're supposedly about to announce that the CL and Europa are suspended, so why would they rush into a meeting about Euro 2020 tomorrow?
Because there isn’t a pups chance of completing the play-offs in time even assuming that the clearance to play and to travel are available.

I am sure that UEFA would prefer the CL and the EL to be completed by running into June and July, not to mention the domestic competitions in Italy, Spain, etc.

Delaying the European Championships by one year would solve a lot of problems.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.