Corporate Value For Money?

In the early days of the ground I got kicked out for something or other and ended up sneaking back in and found myself in a huge room. Probably a good 200 people sat down to a meal. Was probably round about 227 or 228.

It was a midweek game and they had United on the tele. I had a quick pint even though the game had started and I’d say about 3/4 of them were clearly settled in to stay there and watch the United game.

I mean, what’s the point?
Slightly off track I know ,but I did 'corporate' in the last season at Maine Road in the Kippax ,a birthday present for my dad I think. It cost about £100 (obviously had a lot more spare cash then) the food was pretty decent from memory.
The game itself was a dreary goalless draw against Boro. The only other things I remember were both Fowler and Anelka looking incredibly disinterested for us and like your match, United were on the box (for Sky lunchtime game). They were going for the league that year (yes, younger forum members you did read that right) and I remember someone who must have worked in the kitchen or the bar cheering when they scored.
Can't remember who the rags were playing or the final score, but the fool soon shut up, he must have been told to either shut the fuck up or fuck off....some people have no self awareness!!! Also, don't know why it was on anyway as I certainly didn't want that lot spoiling my meal.!!

Corporate is devaluing the football experience and it’s anti-match going fan in every way..
Taking tickets from fans who actually give a shit ..
That’s my take on it anyway … I get why it exists but that’s as far as it goes.. TV influence and corporate will wipe out match going fans in the not too distant future.. Sad but true ..

Apologies for replying to my own post - but this hospitality package has now reappeared on the mancity.com site except now its gone up to £499 - talk about fleecing people!
I've been keeping an eye out for any Madrid returns to go on sale, and just noticed that anything the club got back has been hoovered up for the vermilion package, and the price increased to £499, nothing for the normal fans. A buffet and drink worth about £40, and a ticket worth about £75, sold for £500. Fair play if they keep getting it, just mad that people would pay that for a single quarter final game.

I've been keeping an eye out for any Madrid returns to go on sale, and just noticed that anything the club got back has been hoovered up for the vermilion package, and the price increased to £499, nothing for the normal fans. A buffet and drink worth about £40, and a ticket worth about £75, sold for £500. Fair play if they keep getting it, just mad that people would pay that for a single quarter final game.
Lots of people in the world have lots of money. It is a lot of money for 99% of the population but if you earn mega money or have lots of wealth then it is not. Some would pay £1000 just for a ticket for City v Madrid. It’s a huge game. I know that some people don’t even bother with the offsite meal. They just want the ticket.

I went up on that Kippax 3rd tier a few times. Quite liked it straight
Found it too high up, it was decent carvery but drinks on the tab/paid for by the host. The MD of our sister company had 2 tables of 10, they gave us one table 3 times a season until he got sacked in in 2001 just before we were due a game. I got to pick the games, but when we got to the PL the choice was restricted.

Found it too high up, it was decent carvery but drinks on the tab/paid for by the host. The MD of our sister company had 2 tables of 10, they gave us one table 3 times a season until he got sacked in in 2001 just before we were due a game. I got to pick the games, but when we got to the PL the choice was restricted.
Used to feel like I was going over the edge when City scored up there. Funny thing I seem to remember is they sold draft Beamish which you don't see a lot

Used to feel like I was going over the edge when City scored up there. Funny thing I seem to remember is they sold draft Beamish which you don't see a lot
It was weird looking down on the North Stand where I usually went and realising how tiny it was.

It was bad luck for me did Wolves, Sunderland and Bury one season, we didn't score.

It was weird looking down on the North Stand where I usually went and realising how tiny it was.

It was bad luck for me did Wolves, Sunderland and Bury one season, we didn't score.
I definitely saw at least one goal from up there a last minute winner. Tony Grant loan from Evertom had a very good shot saved and someone tapped in. Cant remember who or the opposition. Near Xmas I think.

Corporate is devaluing the football experience and it’s anti-match going fan in every way..
Taking tickets from fans who actually give a shit ..
That’s my take on it anyway … I get why it exists but that’s as far as it goes.. TV influence and corporate will wipe out match going fans in the not too distant future.. Sad but true ..

Really appreciate your thoughts on this, but have to say, I am a match going fan and hospitality is sometimes the only way I can get to a specific game.

I don’t like to ‘blow’ hundreds of quid, as I’m only interested in a seat, so the club can keep their 100 quid carvery buffet or over priced off site catering.

For me, Joe’s, 93:20, Kits, Managers Corner, etc. are typically what I try to buy. £100+ for a 50-70 quid ticket, but if they’re available they are sold to anyone irrespective of points or cup schemes. As not all games get down to my lowly status, I sometimes have to bite the bullet if I want to see the game.

Really appreciate your thoughts on this, but have to say, I am a match going fan and hospitality is sometimes the only way I can get to a specific game.

I don’t like to ‘blow’ hundreds of quid, as I’m only interested in a seat, so the club can keep their 100 quid carvery buffet or over priced off site catering.

For me, Joe’s, 93:20, Kits, Managers Corner, etc. are typically what I try to buy. £100+ for a 50-70 quid ticket, but if they’re available they are sold to anyone irrespective of points or cup schemes. As not all games get down to my lowly status, I sometimes have to bite the bullet if I want to see the game.
Fair enough mate but to me you are a fan who will pay over the odds to get to a game, many of these corporate match goers couldn’t care any less about the match or the team, some barely make it out for kick off, let alone the second half ..
I’ve paid over the odds in 93:20 myself but again I’m a fan not someone going out for a few beers and a meal without giving a shit about anything else going on.
It’s a generalisation I’m making but I think it resonates with many Blues I know ..

Recently I’ve struggled to get away tickets which was never a problem in the past, I went to the rags away and it was full of tourists with bags of rag stuff from their shop .. That shouldn’t be happening either ..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.