County Mayo v Red Gobshites

In my experience ROI totally dominated by red shirts. Admittedly that is confined to North Dublin housing estates but can't see it being much different in Mayo. Been the only blue in a pub packed with rags fortunately my rag nephew and his mates had my back and was able to cheer our victory in first Etihad Derby.ln those days however dippers cheering City don't think they would now.

Im going to Kilmovee, County Mayo this weekend (Grandfathers birthplace) and wonder are there any City SCs (official or not) in the area good for watching the game?

Dont want to end up with a load of " It means more" types.
Good luck with that one mate.

We go over to Castlebar every year and it’s absolutely full of rags and dippers.

I have lived in Ireland ( wife is of that ilk) a few times, in a few places...I can confirm the redshirts + strangely enough Aston Villa are well represented....however there were a fair few blues in Dublin and ...Wexford Town.

West of ireland like most of country totally red shirt flooded shites. Youll be doing very well to find a pub with a few blues anywhere apart from Cork/Dublin city to be honest.Id stay away from any pubs as theyll be filled with dips personally but Galway could be a shout if their OSC is meeting for it

Its safer to walk into a pub in Mayo with a blue City top than it is to wear a blue Dublin Jersey

The only bright side is that all the rags in the pub will be cheering us on.
The Irish rags hate the dippers way more than us.

You could always get " Sam for Mayo" printed on your shirt.
That will get you through your 1st pint before they discover who you really are.

It's very much their heartland over here I'm afraid. I won't even be going out to watch it as it'll probably only end in someone's tears. I'll not be able to keep the gob shut either way and would be vastly outnumbered unless I went to the Western Hotel in Galway, official City SC.

If you were in Galway I'd either go Western with you or even stick a bit of dinner on, I'd say you're best watching online if you can.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.