Coventry City

And that's all it is. At the time it was considered polite, it was PC before PC became a thing. I'm sure he meant nothing by it.

I think it was more the fact he was using it as an alternative to another 'old fashioned' term that was the reason for my response. His defense that I cant say anything because I abused Bruce was funny though.

I think it was more the fact he was using it as an alternative to another 'old fashioned' term that was the reason for my response. His defense that I cant say anything because I abused Bruce was funny though.

Ah, I didn't get that far. I can see why he went on the defence though. These days my stepdad would be considered a racist. He used racist language and I still remember one of his Asian colleagues from work being refereed to as "snowball". I only found it was wrong when I answered the phone and told him Snowball wanted him.
In his defence, he used to get his deathtrap though it's MOT every year. I spent many a Sunday sat in an old Datsun with a bowl of water and a wet towel, putting out the fires that my dads welding caused. He used to complain that he was welding onto welds and nothing was left of the car. When my mum asked why he bothered, he said "he's a workmate". The sentimental old racist bugger.

Ah, I didn't get that far. I can see why he went on the defence though. These days my stepdad would be considered a racist. He used racist language and I still remember one of his Asian colleagues from work being refereed to as "snowball". I only found it was wrong when I answered the phone and told him Snowball wanted him.
In his defence, he used to get his deathtrap though it's MOT every year. I spent many a Sunday sat in an old Datsun with a bowl of water and a wet towel, putting out the fires that my dads welding caused. He used to complain that he was welding onto welds and nothing was left of the car. When my mum asked why he bothered, he said "he's a workmate". The sentimental old racist bugger.

I understand that it was most probably just outdated terminology, doesnt make it less offensive and I only asked him if he was Alf Garnett.

I apologised to all elephants I had abused by calling Bruce the elephant man.

Going there Tuesday night with my local club Oxford. Never been to the Ricoh Arena

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.