Cover versions better than original (merged)

Fear Factory ''s version of "Cars" kicks shit out of Gary Numan' 's original

Killing me softly, the fugees nailed it more than Roberta flack imho

Gonna take some stick for this, but i reckon Orgy did Blue Monday better than new order, but I like guitars.

Korn - brick in the wall for the same reason.

What's even cooler is when you spot a riff in a so called new track that was in a song 25 years ago

Lithium polyphonic spree completely changes the tone if the song
As in makes it shit. This is supposed to be about GOOD covers, not just any cover. No cover of Lithium can beat the original. Polyphonic spree are a load of pretentious wankers too anyway.

As in makes it shit. This is supposed to be about GOOD covers, not just any cover. No cover of Lithium can beat the original. Polyphonic spree are a load of pretentious wankers too anyway.
I knew I should have put a tin hat on when it came to nirvana!!!

Bloody love the spree. Been there at some special times and it's very often what's going on around you that makes music special.

I prefer it to the original appreciate I'll be I the minority but that is the rich tapestry of life!

Yeah that makes me sound pretentious maybe you are right about the spree after all...

Oi, play nice.
You've listed a few debatable choices yourself and nobody's pulled you up on it.

Original done by Johnny Mathis for 1957 film of the same name.

We can work it out by stevie wonder is unbelievable and I like the Beatles original as well.
Shipbuilding by Robert wyatt is better than elvis Costello original.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.