COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
2 weeks to flatten the curve,
Mandatory face coverings for what?
Mandatory vaccination.

Oh and by the way these vaccine companies have total immunity against injury, guess who picks that bill up?

Devide and conquer, remember dont have nightmares and try not to wet the bed.

I'm going to leave it for now, boost your natural immunity and prepare for the "new normal".

i don't agree with a lot of what you say but what i do tend to agree with is the financial leeway given to a lot of related interests and the general corruption that swirls around 'difficult times'. For what it's worth i don't think vaccines will be mandatory myself.

Last edited:
I usually find people who believe these things are obsessed with themselves. They really think the world is out to get them and that everything that affects them must be an intentional action, because their ego doesn't like the idea that sometimes 'shit just happens'. Maybe that's too hard to believe or something. Someone HAS to be at blame because its affecting their lives! I think some people feel more comfortable living, even if they wont' admit it, if they think there's a bad guy out there trying to screw them over, when life is in reality much more fucking boring. We live, some people get really rich, some don't, we fuck about, we die.

Yep, bang on. There HAS to be a reason behind everything in their minds and that reason has to be some form of corruption/conspiracy to keep their damaged minds ticking. I have a friend who has listed every conspiracy about corona, Bill Gates, population control, 5g. It’s not all of them but each day there’s a new reason behind it. There’s that many possibilities because they crave a reason and continue with nonsense believing everything they see on the internet.

Yep, bang on. There HAS to be a reason behind everything in their minds and that reason has to be some form of corruption/conspiracy to keep their damaged minds ticking. I have a friend who has listed every conspiracy about corona, Bill Gates, population control, 5g. It’s not all of them but each day there’s a new reason behind it. There’s that many possibilities because they crave a reason and continue with nonsense believing everything they see on the internet.

the inability to accept chaos and randomness (philosophy around fate aside) is surely a huge driving factor.

All the conspiracy theories aside (at least the more lizardy one) there are a fair few 'commentators' calling this a bit of a scam. I posted that James Delingpod talk with Alistair Haimes whom I'd never heard of before - can only think if they have a motive it's to inflate their podcast listens, books and articles on the likes of the Critic.
Same with Lord Sumption calling it all a bit too much. Not so much conspiracy as just a dig at so called draconian measures for wearing 'muzzles' in public et al (especially now the virus is apparently null and void).
I'm definitely seeing that agitation with many people (especially people running businesses that may have to lay off many of their long term staff). It's not just the pale 'neckbeards' propagating some of the scam theories.

It's been a horrid year for many and it's likely to continue. We're probably all be a bit shell shocked but this seems to be yet another thing polarising people (like Brexit, labour vs conservatives). I've had the year from hell (started badly even before CV19) but it's been a good exercise in holding on tight.

I recently read that one scientist says that the virus will be completely gone by the end of the year. Another scientist said it will be two years, and another said that it will be with us forever.

No wonder the non scientists are getting confused about it, there is no consensus, it looks like everyone is making bold statements with no facts to back it up.

Thats because all three scenarios are plausible. Science is largely educated guesswork in these areas.

In fact in many ways they might all be right. Gone as a significant threat especially in some populations in a few months, eradicated from the general population after a mass vaccination program a year or so later but always liable to return in some form or another so we have to be vigilent indefinitely.

Thats because all three scenarios are plausible. Science is largely educated guesswork in these areas.

My point is, which scientist do governments believe? Mask? No mask? Herd? Isolation?

Plausible isn't good enough really, the gen pop doesn't stand a chance with the grandstanding.

In science the key is understanding the difference between theory and fact via the compilation of evidence. That is what science does.

Scientists theorise but conclude based on the results of the tests and the evidence they create.

That's what we are doing and certainties are not there when we are dealing in a new situation like this.

But probabilities harden through time as the evidence accumulates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.