COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, must be a glitch in Oldham's figures, not that I'm complaining, either that or everyone who can't behave now has had it which I doubt.
I don't think it is a glitch. Oldham has only had one score over the 60s in the past 3 weeks.

6 or 7 weeks ago it was not ever getting scores below 200 and was over 300 at one point every day.

It had further to fall than most but fell and (so far) stayed relatively low. Its no one day fluke.

Other watch areas

I don't think it is. Oldham has only had one score over the 60s in the past 3 weeks.

6 or 7 weeks ago it was not ever getting scores below 200 and was over 300 at one point every day.

It had further to fall than most but fell and (so far) stayed relatively low. Its no one day fluke.
Living there I've been watching it intently, your work deciphering the figures for us all is a big task to take on & you do it very well. I've seen us move from 'Prem Champions elect' to 'mid-table mediocrity' to now apparently 'relegation fodder'....long may it continue.

I don't think it is a glitch. Oldham has only had one score over the 60s in the past 3 weeks.

Fits in with what I'm seeing. Our Oldham office had to shut for a week end of October. We had 2 positive cases a week for a month. Then nearly everyone I knew got it too, but nothing since.

Other watch areas;

Andyhinch - Cheshire East - not good news sadly. Another record day. Think we know why.

124 cases - up from 101. Five of the last 6 over 100 (and the other was 96). Total cases 10, 560.

Pop score up 32 - more than most places in GM today. And Liverpool. To 2749.

Weekly Pop up from 167 to 188. Big rise and when I started tracking here for Andy it was down just over 100 and mid way between the two best GM boroughs then - Trafford and Stockport with the rest of GM well ahead.

Since them every borough in GM has been overtaken by Cheshire East and it now has a higher weekly Pop than the whole of Greater Manchester.

If ever there was an advert for why these tiers do not work and just export cases from higher tiers to lower tiers as people get around the rules in droves by going for drinks and meals just a few miles away in lower tier locations THIS IS IT.

I am convinced this will be happening all over the UK and the government know it because they used it to justify why they were not taking Tameside out of Tier 3 in Greater Manchester.

But it is utterly pointless doing that to protect Tameside from spiking by tier tourists if you can just go in the opposite direction and spike some other location.

This is not far fetched. It clearly happens.

Whilst I am pretty good at coping with stress (have had to be) I think there is an element of truth in that. Still I assume over Christmas they will minimise publication of data and I will binge on musicals and romantic comedies and post less on here. Which will be good.
Everyone appreciates the huge amout of effort you put in to provide the data in this thread, but if you're not feeling positive about doing it at the momemt then maybe the time to start winding down for Christmas is now.

Sometimes you need to prioritise yourself and no-one wants you to become unhappy by doing this for us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.