COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you are wondering why your vaccine date has been pushed back, then take a look at this letter in The Telegraph this morning from a retired GP.

SIR – I am a retired GP and attempted to volunteer as a Covid vaccinator through the approved website last week. This proved impossible.

I am relatively recently retired, having relinquished my registration with the GMC in 2017. Having completed large sections of the application form, I reached the section at the end entitled “Documents to upload or sign.” I could go no further.

Some documents are obviously needed to confirm my identity for example, however I fail to see a necessity for documents proving attendance for Conflict Resolution, Equality Diversity and Human Rights, Fire Safety, and Preventing Radicalisation. The list contains 21 documents to be uploaded.

I defy anyone, even doctors currently working in the NHS to provide all of these.

The most likely explanation is that the department responsible for recruiting vaccinators has not actually considered this form. It will prevent almost every willing applicant from being recruited.

Claire Barker
Solihull

Fuck this, I don’t want to be vaccinated by someone who hasn’t had training in Conflict Resolution.
I’m more worried about them setting me on fire.

The comparison of the graph showing the deaths relating to first wave and to that we have experienced in last two months and currently is quite sobering. The first wave has dramatic rise and fall with some daily numbers
higher than the current 900+ deaths. However, the drop from them headline high numbers was almost as fast
as its rise. What we have experienced over last few weeks has been a plateau but at a significant level with the
latest numbers almost reaching highest of first wave. Based on rate of admissions its unlikely the level of deaths is likely to fall significantly for some time so the total number of deaths is likely to above the first wave. On its own thats an alarming number. However, if you then add in the fact that patient management of covid cases has been improving since first wave with improved medication & protocols leading to 30% less deaths relating to ICU patients, then the current sustained level of deaths is further disturbing. The vaccines are not going to have an effect on the next 4 weeks death numbers, which are going to be grim.

2 people died on my daughters Covid wards today because 'light ICU' ward beds were not available to dispense oxygen via the Mercedes/etc CPAP machines. 50% of todays deaths on her 2x30 bed Covid wards. One patient was 38 the other was 43.
This is the Midlands, not the South East. The NHS is collapsing with this new strain of Covid.
Not wanting to be a doom sayer, but the NHS command prediction is for 2000 deaths day within a week or so.
Its only Flu.
Anyone thinking that schools should reopen where 30% of cases occurred subsequently triggering home infections for other family members is a fricking idiot.
Tier 5 (Tier 4 + Schools Closed) will be with most of the country very soon.

Last edited:
2 people died on my daughters Covid wards today because 'light ICU' ward beds were not available to dispense oxygen via the Mercedes/etc CPAP machines. 50% of todays deaths on her 2x30 bed Covid wards. One patient was 38 the other was 43.
This is the Midlands, not the South East. The NHS is collapsing with this new strain of Covid.
Not wanting to be a doom sayer, but the NHS command prediction is for 2000 deaths day within a week.
Its only Flu.

wow that is scary. The numbers are huge. I am sure I read that the peak of this second wave is predicted to be in 2/3 weeks.

Not wanting to be a doom sayer, but the NHS command prediction is for 2000 deaths day within a week.
Its only Flu.
Anyone thinking that schools should reopen where 30% of cases occurred subsequently triggering home infections for other family members is a fricking idiot.
That’s a rather sobering post.

Genuinely, I was feeling slightly pissed until I read that.

Got to wonder why we just don’t go straight to a national lockdown now, it’s madness.

Its only Flu.
Tragic news. What I find odd is that the likes of France not that long ago were having 80k infections per day but a disproportionate amount of deaths compared to the Uk. What are other countries doing that means their infected citizens recover and ours don’t. Or are othe4 countries falsifying the number of deaths, recording them differently or treating people better. We should have a national lockdown as we did March / April until the end of January at the very least and drive the number of cases down. Problem is though that this country is full of twats

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.