COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
The new strain is doubling every 6 days. That's 100 fold increase by end Jan without action. Do the maths.
Learn to read.

I did not argue for or against lockdown now.

I merely pointed out the fact that quotes from a sage member suggesting lockdown are not surprising given they have said the same thing since March. It’s not news.

in terms of whether to lockdown more now. It depends on how you think they should proceed. They say they want to go with a regional approach then dump it then back to regional. There’s no consistency so hard to suggest what they should do. They went from London being tier two to four in days.

seems fairly clear that come Christmas Eve a Boxing Day onwards national tier 4/lockdown will be announced with indefinite end date but with an actual end date of some time in March.

it would appear that given the winter seasonality (or alternatively as some are desperate to say due to the minority of rule breakers) that to keep figures as low as they seem to want them the only way to do it is with the “full lockdown”.

I think it makes sense to do so, can you imagine what New year's eve would be like if people think they can get away with it. There will be house parties everywhere and there is no way the police would be able to cope with the numbers reported.

Tier 4 might make some people reconsider.
Sadly it will be the same as xmas eve,Nye and Inbetween also..
I've been up/down this country with the lockdown with work,
And nearly everywhere large groups stacked together,
When pubs shut,same as,then when they said takeaway only,like me I thought what's the point of that, but folk wasn't taking their booze home everyone congregated on the terrace or a piece of land next to the pub,getting pissed, just as they were inside the fking thing.
So,as you said the police cant police this
It will be a free for all.
And this virus will think all it xmasies have all come at once..

Learn to read.

I did not argue for or against lockdown now.

I merely pointed out the fact that quotes from a sage member suggesting lockdown are not surprising given they have said the same thing since March. It’s not news.

in terms of whether to lockdown more now. It depends on how you think they should proceed. They say they want to go with a regional approach then dump it then back to regional. There’s no consistency so hard to suggest what they should do. They went from London being tier two to four in days.

seems fairly clear that come Christmas Eve a Boxing Day onwards national tier 4/lockdown will be announced with indefinite end date but with an actual end date of some time in March.

it would appear that given the winter seasonality (or alternatively as some are desperate to say due to the minority of rule breakers) that to keep figures as low as they seem to want them the only way to do it is with the “full lockdown”.

Learn to do arithmetic.

No more restrictions are needed to control the virus to low levels than high levels.

The R value is agnostic to prevalence.

And in Kent:

Dartford: 168 cases - down from 172. Total cases 4076. Pop score up 149 to 3620. Weekly Pop 736 up from 664.

No need to tell you this is not good.

Medway: 426 cases - down from 622. Going in the right direction at least. Total cases 12, 642. Pop score up 152. Weekly Pop up to 990 from 978. Unfortunately it is VERY rare for any weekly Pop to get this close to four figures.

There's a poster in the know on this very thread, and says the delay is because of production issues, so we won't have, at least not right away.
I thought we were told they had made many doses well in advance on expectation of it being approved?

Learn to do arithmetic.

No more restrictions are needed to control the virus to low levels than high levels.

The R value is agnostic to prevalence.
But isn’t the point that the outcome that they are looking to achieve is to bring the numbers down not keep them where they are hence the want for greater restrictions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.