Credit to Hughes

Also from a psychology perspective it clearly sends out the messgae that we won't be held to ransom on transfers just because we are super rich and everyone knows it they see it as a chance to milk us for all they can.

The last thing we want to be doing is paying over the odds for players and handing bucketloads of cash for our competitors to sepnd.

We should only pay the going rate for a player, nothing more imo.

moomba said:
mackenzie said:
Maybe, just maybe, what Diarra said was correct. In that he wanted to play for a more "glamorous" club.
And Hughes and MCFC are simply trying to put over the image of the Club in a more positive light?

What it does is put doubt over the impression people are getting of us that we are prepared to pay well over the odds.

I see that as a good thing, whether it's true or not.

Agreed Moomba.

And lets be honest, all the signs from our owners so far is that money is no object. Yet a little spin when such talks break down is to be expected.

mackenzie said:
Maybe, just maybe, what Diarra said was correct. In that he wanted to play for a more "glamorous" club.
And Hughes and MCFC are simply trying to put over the image of the Club in a more positive light?

I hope your right, yet what I have said stands. Garry Cook said himself they would walk away from signing a player if they felt their transfer fee was over-inflated. If the fee was ridiculously over-inflated then fair enough, I have no probelm with that, however if we as a club are not willing to pay a couple more million over a players actual value just out of principle then I worry about who we will actually sign. Every single club we do business with from now on will over-inflate the prices of their players. This is something we are just going to have to accept, otherwise we'll end up with a squad full of Craig Bellamys.

*singingtheblues* said:
mackenzie said:

I hope your right, yet what I have said stands. Garry Cook said himself they would walk away from signing a player if they felt their transfer fee was over-inflated. If the fee was ridiculously over-inflated then fair enough, I have no probelm with that, however if we as a club are not willing to pay a couple more million over a players actual value just out of principle then I worry about who we will actually sign. Every single club we do business with from now on will over-inflate the prices of their players. This is something we are just going to have to accept, otherwise we'll end up with a squad full of Craig Bellamys.

Of course.

But it sounds like Diarra's mind was pretty made up, despite any offer made.

Strangely enough a rag mate of mine (one whose opinion I hold very highly and one who has no bitterness towards us) said that when we got the money we had another obstacle. That of being a team from the North West of England. Witness Ronaldo's desire to play at Madrid. I know what she means now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.