******Cricket Thread******

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wood (as shown in UAE) can get reverse, with his pace is more effective than his team mates when the pitch offers nothing for seamers, so could do a job in India. Selection is going to be interesting.

Wouldn't like to be the person making the decisions to be honest, although you can hardly go wrong with this team at the minute.

Wouldn't like to be the person making the decisions to be honest, although you can hardly go wrong with this team at the minute.

Seam bowlingwise we have strength in depth, however 3 of the top 5 have question marks around them and its a becoming a real issue. There is also the perennial issue with not having a spinner of any quality as well.

Cant see why broad never gets dropped from the test team,he always manages to pull out a decent spell every now and then but he is the least effective of the current crop. Wood has to prove he can withstand a longer game but for me he is a better wicket taker than broad. Nice problems.

Cant see why broad never gets dropped from the test team,he always manages to pull out a decent spell every now and then but he is the least effective of the current crop. Wood has to prove he can withstand a longer game but for me he is a better wicket taker than broad. Nice problems.

I know what you mean that Broad is a bit of a streaky bowler, but he was very recently number 1 in the world in test cricket, you dont get that by being inconsistent. I totally agree about Wood, if his body holds out he is going to be a quality bowler. Jimmy is picking up niggles more frequently now, probably due to his age, he cant have much time left at 34. With Woakes, Stokes, Ball, Finn, Barker, Footitt, Willey and the rest behind them, we are really well stacked in the seam department.

Anderson and Broad will never be dropped and will leave the team when they decide.

Something has to give in India mate, we dont need 4 seamers over there and if we go in with that, we'll get beaten badly, last series in India we won with Swann and Monty playing large roles in the series victory. Woakes shouldnt be dropped after the summer he's had, Stokes is a shoe in, so even if we leave out Wood (which would be madness IMO) one of Broad and Anderson should be dropped. I wouldnt want to make the call, but for me, considering his age and the fact he gets nothing from the pitch, Jimmy would be the one to miss out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.