Cristiano Ronaldo

Status
Not open for further replies.
E9wE7SIXEAQISHl

Never thought that would make it on here from twitter ;-)

This is going to cause some serious grief.

What do you think the reaction will be at away grounds around the country? They will boo him wont they, but I don't think it will be hate. It will be a madness.
He gets booed everywhere he goes, has done since he was at united and won't be any different here.

The thing is, it's counter productive, he thrives on it, it's like oxygen to him and the bile he's going to get from the rags can only spur him on to score a shit load against them. I hope they give him everything, let them scouse(I'm using that as a verb now) the team bus if they want

If he comes I'd put money on him scoring more against united than any other side for us.

why are we all of a sudden interested in a player that make us look like the Harlem globe trotters. I thought that was safely PSG's area of expertise.
Because we have been after a striker all summer, and haven't been able to get our priority target.

And now have the opportunity to get pretty much the most proven goal scorer (alongside Messi) in football for a far cheaper fee to plug the gap for a couple of years.

It's certainly a wacky signing on paper, but it also certainly fits with Citys (and his) needs. We need someone to finish the chances we create, he wants to be somewhere he can pad his stats and gives him chances at major trophies - the pieces have just fallen in place.

Will wait to see if it happens, I still find it hard to believe, but it has started to look at the very least like its a possibility.

why are we all of a sudden interested in a player that make us look like the Harlem globe trotters. I thought that was safely PSG's area of expertise.
Because Levy got greedy and Ronaldo was offered to us when we needed a striker. So abort Kane and sign Ronaldo for a fraction of the fee.

Why wouldn't you sign ronaldo for £25m if you have no central striker?

This argument is always a struggle for me… you saying that a 36yo Ronaldo does more for us commercially than say a Foden or a KDB. I just don’t buy into it.

I’m not against the signing, as he’s going to score goals. I just don’t buy that he’s a bigger pull than Grealish or Foden or KDB, on a marketing side of things (…Peak Ronaldo is a different thing).
Unfortunately yes, around the world everyone knows Ronaldo. Maybe kdb is up there but foden is no where close to that yet

Cristiano Ronaldo has already talked with some teammates about the imminent departure of Juventus (and the verbal agreement with Manchester City) and has also exchanged impressions about the future with Pep Guardiola in a telephone chat

This argument is always a struggle for me… you saying that a 36yo Ronaldo does more for us commercially than say a Foden or a KDB. I just don’t buy into it.

I’m not against the signing, as he’s going to score goals. I just don’t buy that he’s a bigger pull than Grealish or Foden or KDB, on a marketing side of things (…Peak Ronaldo is a different thing).
Put it this way, kdb and Foden have about 3.5m Twitter followers combined. Ronaldo 90 odd. Isn’t difficult

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.