Croatia

Dubrovnik is stunning and great for Game of Thrones stuff Going back this year to Cavtat. Makarska is also lush. Like others have said, a cross between Italy and Greece.

Heard good things about Zadar last week so it's come on my radar for either a short break or holiday next year.

Depends on your budget, but the Hotel Lone at Rovinj is lovely, and Rovinj itself is fabulous. There's 3 hotels all on the same site and the Lone is the middle one, price wise. The Eden is a bit cheaper and still shares the same pool area, which is really great. The pools are in extensive gardens, so there's plenty of room to spread out and the kids have loads of space to run around.

HOTEL_LONE_00_en_design-2146.jpg

https://www.maistra.com/hotel-lone-...p-UZXleAoxI2HRETsC__oElL9rH9UgSDJfhoCpH_w_wcB

I wanted to see if anyone could recommend a resort or hotel in particular for a young family in August that ideally wouldn't cost a fortune!

It's s place I've always fancied going, especially Purec.

I’ve just been to a place called Srebreno which is about a 20mins drive south of Dubrovnik. Really nice spot and there’s another small village called Mlini right next to it which you get to by a half a mile walk along the coast through a pine tree covered path.

It’s a pebble beach like it is on most places. Pick yourself up a pair of proper shoes to wear on the sea and it isn’t an issue. In fact I’d say I’ve fallen for these pebble beaches and prefer them to sand.

It’s not a cheap place, but I’m not sure if the prices are the same everywhere in Croatia. Looking at a minimum £5 for half a litre of beer and I’d say food was around the same price as it is in the U.K.

I booked flights, an Airbnb and car hire 3 years ago to Zadar for £400. Went to a couple of national parks white water rafting and swimming in the pools. Really great place to visit, food was of Italian influence and local beers good. I'll go back sometime but to another resort.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.