Crystal Palace PL (H) Post match thread

Did Silva play a single forward pass today? Everything was sideways or back! Had an easy pass up the line at the end but turned back and lost possession, costing the penalty!
Pep is so obsessed with possession we've turned into a risk free, boring team to watch, no one prepared to shoot or try a thru ball.
Your posts are fucking boring too, jog on

Game management in the last 10 minutes was awful. We need to get our ability to see games out back.

Still this time last year where we're we?

On another note, do we have the worst public transport in Europe? Trams are disgusting tonight.

We've not really been on it all season if the truth be told apart from the odd moment

Agreed, but we were top of the league and weren’t exactly scraping by like Liverpool have been. I just don’t think the competition is exceptional this year. I think we can only beat ourselves and in recent weeks we have been doing exactly that… but I don’t think it will continue and when we hit form again I don’t see us needing to hunt down winning machines.. think Dippers and Arse will also drop a fair few points.

No, it's these draws from leading positions, and very late on. That's something quite new, and you actually have to go back to Pellegrini's last season to see that phenomenon happening this regularly.
It is doing my head in.

I think the seeds of this were there last season. In the FA Cup final we outclassed united for the entire game but only had a one-goal lead and very nearly conceded a goal right at the death.

In the CL final we were far better than Inter but only got a one-goal lead and very nearly conceded to Lukaku right at the death.

I put it down to fatigue after an unbelievable season at the time but then came the Charity Shield. Leading by one goal we conceded an equalizer 11 minutes into injury time.

Fast forward to Arsenal away in the PL 0-0 with 4 minutes to go and we lose. 1-0 v liverpool with 10 minutes to go, we drop points. You know the rest.

Worryingly, the other contenders are all scoring late goals to steal the points sometimes without deserving it. We just don't seem to have it in us at the moment.

Poo. Dippers, Chavs, Spuds, and now this ... all games we should have won (assuming no brain farts) and we spunked 2 points in each.

Forget it, move on, shit happens, we have slumps. Treble winners but gotta say I wouldn't be so surprised if we walked away with fuck all this season, and you know what ? That's fine. It happens. That^s football.
Saying that, today was wank. Phil needs a fuckin' good slap for that. Dumb as fuck thing to do with minutes left. Dumb beyond belief.

I'm going now to drink wine.

Haha.. head. Wobble. We won the treble last season and you are claiming winning the league this season will be his greatest achievement?!?

Yes. If we win the PL with the current squad, it will be. We've defended like a Sunday League team this season and we've forgotten how to finish teams off.

The 'treble' is history. Resting on laurels isn't going to put things right.

Not taking big chances is our biggest problem. However.

Piss poor transfer window, tactics & game management as games goes on are also to blame.

2 up yet we still have defenders trying to bomb forward! Crazy

Swap Bernie & Grealish over
Swap ake with gvadiol
Sub Rico he was struggling

Take Alvarez off. He’s been horrendous for weeks

Not helping ourselves but fuck me it's almost like we're not wanted on the top of the table.....rinse & repeat from the bent bastards 3 home games in the bounce.
No way we can blame this on Tierney. Eddies tackle was stupid and red would have been wrong, but not that wrong. The stonewall penalty at the end, that was probably 2 penalties, was just fucking stupid mad panic by Phil. Today was nothing like Hooper actually blatantly showing bias.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.