Crystal Palace PL (H) Post match thread

Id agree to the Injury part. But I think, the departures are all on time. A declining Gundog and Mahrez aren't the solution. Besides, our defensive solidity has been the greater problem
It's the sum of it all in my view. Gundogans Mrs wanted out I reckon. I always thought Laporte was out best defender but there you go.

He would’ve stayed if we gave him a two year deal. We wouldn’t offer him one because of his age.

Yet agreed to bend the rule for Walker.

Mind blowingly idiotic call from the club.
You don't know he would've stayed. He seemed pretty set on Barca for a while.

Walker has totally lost it, and our only hope for him is a Saudi bid next summer.

Running the clock down by passing it around from side to side in our own half and across our own penalty area and then back to Eddie needs to stop.
IMO it introduces a lethargy in the players minds and leads to mistakes. And you can now see the opposition like Palace today have wised up to this and are playing a game of cat and mouse, pushing up a bit and waiting for a stray or short pass and then pouncing on the error. Also the crowd are sh1tting themselves as we pass it around and I'm sure this is transmitting itself to the players. W e need to defend in the opponents half - we had started doing this effectively last season by getting it forward and Erling and one other would hold it up in the corner.
A few examples of the lack of discipline stick out in my mind in those last few minutes . First after a long passage of sideways defensive possession we pass it back to Eddie and he then precedes to pass it straight out to one of the Palace players. Next Eddie gains possession after one of their attacks, We're pleading for him to play it long into their half but instead he plays it out only as far as the half way line to give them a throw in and start another attack. And then what was Phil doing when he had a chance to break but instead ran into a group of their players to give them possession and set up the passage of play that led to the pen? And then finally why did Berny not clear the ball at the end but instead back heels it back into the danger area from which the penalty ultimately resulted.
So many errors.
Just a rant really.

Last edited:
It's the sum of it all in my view. Gundogans Mrs wanted out I reckon. I always thought Laporte was out best defender but there you go.
I anticipated our forward planning to replace key players would be in hand . It was it seems unrealistic. Once Bellingham and Rice were done we just ended up scraping the barrel. I assume we have advanced plans for a Pep replacement but now suspect if our main target rejects us it will be Sean Dyche.

Ok, let me just give my personal 2 cents

1. Drop Walker.
2. Drop Gvardiol.
3. Drop Lewis
4. Drop Alvarez

RB Akanji
LB Ake
RCB/DM Stones
LCB Dias

DM: Rodri
CM Bernardo
LM: Grealish ( playing bit the way he played today, tucked in.)
RM: Bobb

False 9: Foden ( He fucked up today though but still preferable to Alvarez)

That's how I'm playing until Haaland returns. And when Haaland returns I might just stay with Bobb if he is performing and let Phil come off the bench with Alvarez.

He has to shake things up. The team is making the same errors weekly.

You don't know he would've stayed. He seemed pretty set on Barca for a while.

Walker has totally lost it, and our only hope for him is a Saudi bid next summer.
Sorry mate but Walker hasn't totally lost it. Playing a bit indifferent at times just like quite a few other squad members, so he's not alone in that respect.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.