Crystal Palace PL (H) Post match thread

What is it with the late goals?!? Is it concentration, poor game management, fear, leadership…..
All points to tiredness with lack of substitutions, what else can it be?

Should've been 4 up at HT, we weren't.

Went 2 nil up and changes should have been made to tighten up and manage the game.

Alvarez and Foden were really disappointing today, both should have been Hooked when the games was effectively won at 2 nil against a shite opposition!

Fucking costly these late equalisers (and winners for Arse and Villa).

Equally galling when a team set on time wasting get a result from a stoppage time equaliser!

Last edited:
No point calling out the players.

No point calling out Pep.

The club as a whole will find a way to fix the problems. When are the fans going to realise that we win & lose together? Or draw -:)

Pep did make changes today playing Foden as the ten and Rico beside Rodri. The comedown from the treble is real. The constant winning season after season to culminate in a treble is unheard of in modern football.

So now it’s time to reflect. Injuries have played a huge role again. The new players have been hit and miss and imo the team needed more changes. It’s far too early to say the transfers recently have been crap. The club will make mistakes. What needs to be happening now is that Txiki must target the top tier players. The squad is crying out for 1/2 world class players.

This season was always going to be tough.It’s now a reality and going to be interesting to watch how we correct the blue ship.

What we witnessed last season was unbelievable. Once you reach the peak, they only way is down.

Last edited:
Love your comments. I just don’t feel we have the players this time around. We have lost some world class players and the replacements still to step up. Still feel that Stonesy on at 2-1 and we see the game out.
We were playing a bottom third team with key players missing from their side. We stopped playing at 2-0 ,and at 2-1 started playing for time. As Champions that is plain embarrassing.

We spent 145m on our midfield, and 80m on a defender. People talking about penny pinching and tight purses need to wise up.

And I bet if we’d used that £225m to somehow turn Bellingham’s head and sign only him, we’d be higher up the league than we are now.

It’s not so much a lack of spending money, it’s not signing players that are good enough to improve us, or stay ahead of our rivals.

Rico doing the post match presser says it all, couldn’t imagine anyone other than Kompany doing it if this game was a few years ago.
I’m one who has big questions about the lads ability to be a regular in this team. Wow, this lad was excellent. The way he took control, way beyond his years. Different players but will surpass Foden imho. This is from someone who had real questions over him.

No point calling out the players.

No point calling out Pep.

The club as a whole will find a way to fix the problems. When are the fans going to realise that we win & lose together? Or draw -:)

Pep did make changes today playing Foden as the ten and Rico beside Rodri. The comedown from the treble is real. The constant winning season after season to culminate in a treble is unheard of in modern football.

So now it’s time to reflect. Injuries have played a huge role again. The new players have been hit and miss and imo the team needed more changes. It’s far too early to say the transfers recently have been crap. The club will make mistakes. What needs to be happening now is that Txiki must target the top tier players. The squad is crying out for 1/2 world class players.

This season was always going to be tough.It’s is now a reality and going to be interesting to watch how we correct the blue ship.

What we witness last season was unbelievable. Once you reach the peak, they only way is down.
No it is not. You aim to stay at the top and strengthen to keep ahead of the pack.

Said it a million times and I’m saying it again.

Letting Gundogan go is up there with the most idiotic acts of self sabotage transfer policy in the history of the club.

And there’s been some fucking mental examples over the years.
Did he not want to leave..? I remember his agent being pictured at Barca mid-season more or less.

Humongously hacked off about that.

City have dug themselves a hole, and it got deeper today, by shooting themselves in the foot. (Cliche alert).

Absolutely ridiculous not to win that. This recent habit of failing to close out winning positions has to end now.

Too many players are making stupid and costly errors.

I‘m sure the players had too short a break between seasons but whether they are still mentally and physically tired after last seasons exertions, I don’t know, but they are capable of better.

Injuries and suspensions have not helped City. Gundo’s departure in particular has really not helped but he chose to go, as did Riyad. City though unquestionably failed in the transfer market to sign a superstar or potential superstar midfielder. That’s not me having a downer on Nunes or Kova, who may prove to be decent, value for money, signings but we probably needed another star too because we have ceded ground to our competitors in not doing so.

That said, I think Jack could move inside and he is not less technically able then Gundo; he doesn’t have Gundo’s smarts, not many do, but he is no mug and, like Mr Whippy, he can play sensible football.

The club rarely does much in January but to not do so this season would be negligent. We need a full back, defensive midfielder and a forward, preferably all with pace as well as top notch technique.

Pep also needs to encourage a bit more risk taking.
Wow OB1 not happy :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.