Daily Mail: Bernard Halford in sexism row.

r.soleofsalford said:
my lad is now 34 years old, while in the final two years at junior school he had complained that his teacher, a rather plump female member of staff, was taking the boys for football.

i decided to go down to see why he and his mates were pissed off.

Bernard Halford was probably talking nonsense like he always seems to whenever I hear him speak. I'm sure you did a good job taking over from the teacher but actually being competitive is not relevant at all in England's inability to produce world class players or win world cups. The only reason we have won nothing for fifty years and never will is that our young players lack technique and a football brain compared to our European and world rivals. This will never be addressed whilst tossers like Greg Dyke are in charge of the FA.

on turning up by the side of the railing next to the then schools football pitch (no i wasnt and i`m not) it was there i saw the sorry sight of this lady sweating profusely tell the boys "not to shout while playing football" and the sight of one lad being sent back to the class room for kicking another in an attempt to get the ball. other things went on that pitch that made me go to the headmaster and offer my service, he reluctantly accepted because the lady was the only one to grudgingly agree to take the lads football. with a closing remark of we dont believe in competitive sport at this school.

so i therefore, whether it is politically correct or not, support what bernard said in general.

how the fcuk could you not.

this doesnt mean all females are shite at coaching football, neither are all men great at it. its just a fact that a greater percentage of men have played and watched football.

I love Bernard Halford, I am sure that he would bleed blue blood and I can understand where he is coming from, so to class the lovely man as sexist is just the DM et al looking to get at City again. There's good and bad everywhere and Bernard was just telling it as he sees it.

However, as one of the first women in my Local Authority to gain an FA Coaching certificate for Junior football and a refereeing qualification, of which I was very proud, I am going to batter de niro and r.sole of Salford and remember lads I know you both and violence is not usually in my nature!! :-)

Honestly some people will find sexism and something to complain about in everything. I do feel that this is one of those (maybe) agenda items getting at City!!

Onwards and upwards with our wonderful club.

de niro, de niro, de niro, mod or no mod I am on your case matey!! ;-)

The biggest problem with schools football is not lady teachers, it's Greg dyke, how has this guy got to run English football, this country hasn't got a clue?

MSP said:
Well, it's not that hard to be called sexist nowadays anyway, I know from experience :D

Soon you'll be the one if you say ladies don't have a penis. Because they are equal and same you know, they must have one ffs.
Technically they do have a penis, however (like Ed's, the ffp expert) it's shrunken and is called a clitoris. True.

mancunial said:
The biggest problem with schools football is not lady teachers, it's Greg dyke, how has this guy got to run English football, this country hasn't got a clue?

We now know why this prick was so depressed with us winning the league.....he is a plastic fucking rag!

''Dyke has jointly supported Manchester United[35] and Brentford F.C. all his life. Dyke's elder brothers supported Tottenham, but he preferred to support Man Utd.[35] He became involved with Brentford in his childhood when his brother was a junior there. Manager Bill Dodgin, Sr. tried to sign his brother, but their father would not agree to him committing to what he saw as a non-lucrative career.[36]

From 1997 to 1999, Dyke served on the board at Manchester United as a non-executive director, and was the sole board member to oppose a takeover bid from BSkyB, which was subsequently rejected by the Monopolies and Mergers Commission.[37] When he became Director General of the BBC he admitted a "potential conflict of interest" between his new post and his current non-executive directorship at Manchester United PLC.[38] He resigned his position to avoid controversy. In a speech at the Manchester Evening News Business of the Year Awards, he said "it was seen as a conflict of interest to both buy and sell football rights. My kids have never forgiven me for joining the BBC because of that."[35]''

If the demographic changes are factual, I'd call it realism tbh

It's just a fact that there are more men interested in football than women and so based on mathematics there's going to be less good female football teachers. An increase in females teaching PE will see a decrease in good football coaching overall. I mean we're talking primary and secondary school PE here, not footballing schools.

That's not to say football coaching isn't generally poor in this country anyway but you get called sexist/racist for anything these days

MSP said:
Well, it's not that hard to be called sexist nowadays anyway, I know from experience :D

Soon you'll be the one if you say ladies don't have a penis. Because they are equal and same you know, they must have one ffs.

Bernard Halford said that the increase of women teachers has hurt the teaching of the game.

You're a Muslim extremist who demands the subjugation of all women because they're a women and literally said that you know what's best for them because you're a man. We should have banned you that day, you were saved on a technicality that you won't be saved on again.

Damocles said:
MSP said:

Bernard Halford said that the increase of women teachers has hurt the teaching of the game.

You're a Muslim extremist who demands the subjugation of all women because they're a women and literally said that you know what's best for them because you're a man. We should have banned you that day, you were saved on a technicality that you won't be saved on again.

????

MSP said:

I look forward to reading your posts more and more, your Manc mannerisms are coming on a treat, it's like listening to Jovan Divjak after a pint of boddies!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.