Danilo

Status
Not open for further replies.
fuck me this thread has turned into a wild west bar fight hahahahaha

Anyway, so that Danilo guy looks good...

I do think he'll be a good player, and I am excited to see him despite the price.

Also his ability to play right and left will take all the pressure off the Bertrand deal, as we could realistically go into the season with Mendy, Danilo and Walker.

Maffeo and Angelino will be playing in the Spanish Second/Third Division in two years time.
Basically,from the 2015 EDS squad,only Roberts has a chance to have a decent career..Quality is only in the current U18s downwards.

And Sancho's refusing to sign a professional contract.3

No they'll get to 17 and then leave for a club who will play them.

So if a player leaves because they think we're not going to give them a chance, despite being the stand out player in their age group in the country, the stand out player in the u17 world cup, that means they just were never good enough for us anyway?

What a nice world that must be you live in.

You can't pick players because you may fear they will move on. Until a player signs his first professional contract other clubs and agents will try to convince him he can breakthrough more quickly at another club.

For an academy player to get good enough they have to play at this level... For example, do you think Harry Kane wouldn't have gotten a chance here? Definitely not is the answer.

that's why spurs success is not sustainable one and they sell their best players to madrid, us etc.. they've hit the jack pot with kane or alli but nobody on the world keeps doing that, not even barca with their la masia. if they want to keep challenging for trophies, they'll have to start buying top players and paying them top wages. Academy can bring you some gem and let you to the certain point but no chance in hell you'll be long lasting trophy challenger making it your main source of players. rags did have some great players from academy and won things but where are they now? buying right, left and center.

I'm not, It's the truth that if you create a system where players have to be world class at 18, and improve the starting XI of one of the best teams in the world on debut, you will never, ever have an academy player in the team.

Pep, Txiki seemed to know what they were doing at Barcelona, let's give them more than a year together here together before we write them off.
It's the next 5 years where we should start to see interfartion.

Maffeo, Barker et al weren't stand outs at their level.
We might get one every two seasons.

With regards this signing, Maffeo is a near pointless example. Danilo offer much more including cover for both flanks.

I agree, Maffeo could have done no worse than Sagna & Zabaleta last season, but I don't think it's as easy as some think to leave out senior players in favour of youth. Especially on the incentive based contracts we offer.

Back to Danilo, fingers crossed we get the beast that was at Porto.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.