Danilo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fair enough. I on the other hand give a shit. I. Pissed off when we overpay for average players only to turn around a year and a half later unable to sell them for a fraction of what we paid. There are 7-8 senior players been shopped around and folks are balking to even pay 10 million.

We have to understand that are evaluations will sometimes not work out. Every clubs have imports that don't pan out. The way you succeed with such players is by not overpaying to start with. At least I think it is.

Why do you get pissed off about the fee? If the club couldn't afford them they wouldn't pay them. We have made more good buys than bad ones overall and that is all you can judge the people in charge on.

I couldn't care less about what people outside of our club think about us!

Not sure on this one. What's the overall feeling from those who watch more La Liga than I do?

I watch quite a lot of La Liga and his performances at Real Madrid would not make you want to sign him. He was awful to begin with, then became average towards the end.

This signing will presumably be based on his Porto days and the belief that he'll be much better here than at Real for whatever reasons - different league, different tactics, change of scenery, different coach etc.

So having said that it's really hard to judge the transfer.

Why do you get pissed off about the fee? If the club couldn't afford them they wouldn't pay them. We have made more good buys than bad ones overall and that is all you can judge the people in charge on.

I couldn't care less about what people outside of our club think about us!
Flapping that there's not enough players, then flapping about how much they cost when we get em,then flapping that its unfair on youngsters, then flapping for flappings sake..

Oh ffs.. have I missed owt ??

my take on it is that he is worse than walker at right-back but better than Zaba and Sagna, worse than Mendy at left-back but better than Clichy and Kolarov, not a signing i will get really excited about but a good deal imo.

How does a youth player become 'ready'?

Is it the Chelsea way of loaning them out every year?

Pros: they get 100 first team games.

Cons: they constantly have to readjust to new clubs and people. They don't have stability on the pitch (positions, roles, relationships) and off the pitch (always have to start over again)

That's how players stagnate. These Chelsea lads are journeymen.

At some point you have to show the balls to trust youth and develop them yourself. People will hate it but look at Rashford. He may save them £millions because they gave him a shot.

Rashford played with some of the Chelsea boys for England youth like Solanke and Abraham. They were ahead of him. Look at him now....
Lucas Piazon was a world class talent but their youth system killed him.

But then again so was Pozo.

I watch quite a lot of La Liga and his performances at Real Madrid would not make you want to sign him. He was awful to begin with, then became average towards the end.

This signing will presumably be based on his Porto days and the belief that he'll be much better here than at Real for whatever reasons - different league, different tactics, change of scenery, different coach etc.

So having said that it's really hard to judge the transfer.
That was my fear re: Real Madrid performances.

he's never done anything to stand out as an attacking fullback

See, that's the part I can completely agree with and I suspect that's why we're going with someone else. I do, however, firmly believe he can more than hold his own defensively in a position we struggled for last season and he could have seen more game time then. But he didn't, for whatever reason, and now we've moved on. I can see both sides but I'm still disappointed and I can see why others are as frustrated as they are given the lack of academy products making the step up for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.