Danilo

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't give a shit what we pay for any player and I am at a loss to explain why so many people on here seem to do. What is important is that the player is successful with the club. I have no idea if his kid is any good, because I have never seen him play. I will hope the people at the club who have seen him play and deemed him good enough for us are proven correct.
Fair enough. I on the other hand give a shit. I. Pissed off when we overpay for average players only to turn around a year and a half later unable to sell them for a fraction of what we paid. There are 7-8 senior players been shopped around and folks are balking to even pay 10 million.

We have to understand that are evaluations will sometimes not work out. Every clubs have imports that don't pan out. The way you succeed with such players is by not overpaying to start with. At least I think it is.

Mods not bothering to control this convo lol. Discussion has definitely gone into discussion over youth players than about Danilo.

We're coming back round to Danilo now. It did take a rather heated detour for 10 pages or so but the tweets brought us back.

For an academy player to get good enough they have to play at this level... For example, do you think Harry Kane wouldn't have gotten a chance here? Definitely not is the answer.

That's one example, how many were deemed 'good enough' but flopped when they were tested at the highest level?

Danilo is typical a player that we will need to see if he's worth getting him in for what is quite a lot of money. Yet it'll prove when the player is sold or stops playing if he's been worth the money. I haven't seen a lot from him. Great at Porto, not too often a starter for Real. Let's hope he and Walker will both be a succes and a good pairing to rotate.

I'm not, It's the truth that if you create a system where players have to be world class at 18, and improve the starting XI of one of the best teams in the world on debut, you will never, ever have an academy player in the team.
This might be a discussion for another thread. But is there an argument to say that it shouldn't be easy for academy kids to break into the first team/ Yes you might
end up with many, at first, that might fall away but then those who overcome the challenges will be stronger players in the long run (and may even lead to
a growth in mental strength within other kids). Am no saying this ir 'right' necessarily but surely another way of looking at things?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.