Danny Baker

BimboBob said:
andy h said:
1961_vintage said:
From the Graudain.....

"A BBC spokeswoman said: "Danny Baker will be leaving his afternoon show on BBC London 94.9 at the end of the year. Danny's still very much part of the BBC with his Saturday morning show on BBC Radio 5 Live and we're currently in discussions with him about options for a weekly programme."

HOORAH! My kids will be pleased. they love playing along with the red sauce, brown sauce or no sauce at all buffoonery.

As do I. Great show and a great man. Very knowledgeable about music and football.
Met him a couple of times. A top fella, very approachable, knows his stuff and his old phone in show with Danny Kelly was superb, especially at a time when the likes of David Mellor were running 606.
Remember when they had the football groupie (verified and checked out) who was having it off with several players from the same unidentified team, and then started banging the manager? She used to ring in every week discussing her adventures and suddenly, high-profile players from all over the country started calling in, begging Baker and Kelly to announce on air that it wasn't them, because they were getting stick from their wives?
Baker started out running the legendary punk fanzine Sniffing Glue, I think?

LongsightM13 said:
BimboBob said:
andy h said:
HOORAH! My kids will be pleased. they love playing along with the red sauce, brown sauce or no sauce at all buffoonery.

As do I. Great show and a great man. Very knowledgeable about music and football.
Met him a couple of times. A top fella, very approachable, knows his stuff and his old phone in show with Danny Kelly was superb, especially at a time when the likes of David Mellor were running 606.
Remember when they had the football groupie (verified and checked out) who was having it off with several players from the same unidentified team, and then started banging the manager? She used to ring in every week discussing her adventures and suddenly, high-profile players from all over the country started calling in, begging Baker and Kelly to announce on air that it wasn't them, because they were getting stick from their wives?
Ah yes the chinese menu/players numbers and of course Keggie Keegle.

jacko74 said:
LongsightM13 said:
BimboBob said:
I think the most popular rumour at the time was that it was Sheffield Wednesday and the manager was Danny Wilson

LongsightM13 said:
BimboBob said:
andy h said:

Mark Perry who later formed Alternative TV started Sniffin Glue, but Danny Baker did write for it. Only know this as ATV were my favourite band back in the day when i was trying to be alternative. Still got my flexi disc that came free with it. Finally i know something on here.

pinkwheeltrim said:
Well that is a real shame! His Saturday morning show on 5 live was the best thing on that station. It was funny,irrevrent,whimsical and best of all didn't take itself too seriously,it was a bit like the cellar a few years ago but minus the filth!

The Dibble are here, bastards!

jacko74 said:
LongsightM13 said:
BimboBob said:

do you remember the geoff astel 'anymore pie' story

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.