Danny Baker

he's answered that - ' Was supposed to be joke about Royals vs circus animals in posh clothes but interpreted as about monkeys & race, so rightly deleted.'

no one can no for sure if he purposely sat there knowing the racist connotations it would lead too - my guess is that it was just a slip up but if BBC deem it more than that - then i wont argue with that.

Do find some of the outrage on here a bit fake to be honest.

I don’t see people shouting they are offended on here or particularly hurt in any way by the “tweet”

Just people rightly commenting that he is a fucking prick for tweeting that and in this day and age as an employee of the bbc he has to expect the sack for that tweet.

I honestly have no idea why people particularly famous people post shit on Facebook or twitter all the time they are just setting themselves up for a fall.

What a tool.

Where is all this fake outrage though? The vast majority of opinions fall somewhere within the range of him being stupid/ignorant at best or at worse wilfully racist. I don't think any opinions within those parameters are particularly strong or extreme given what he did. The worst example of faux outrage came from the person that leapt in early to accuse people of virtue signalling before the thread had even got going.
It’s such a shit phrase “virtue signalling” as those using it are signalling their own virtues.
I haven’t seen any fake outrage neither but that comment was from @BlueHammer85 so probably best to ignore it.

He's a journalist. Keeping up with current affairs is his job! Are you saying he didn't?
No idea mate. If he's sat there and thought I'll look for a photo of two rich folk walking a dressed up monkey while knowing Megan is mixed raced, doesn't look good.

If he doesn't know she's mixed race and has this obsession with monkeys which I keep reading about then who knows what he was doing.

No idea mate. If he's sat there and thought I'll look for a photo of two rich folk walking a dressed up monkey while knowing Megan is mixed raced, doesn't look good.

If he doesn't know she's mixed race and has this obsession with monkeys which I keep reading about then who knows what he was doing.
How would he not know she's mixed race?

You don't have to walk about with a flaming torch and a white sheet over you to be racist or do/say racist things.

Does this make him a racist? That's a different story but what he did was racist.
Bollocks

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.