Danny Tiatto...

I always remember him for clobbering Beckham in the Maine Road Derby. It happened in front of the main stand, and although it was rare to see Beckham ever morph himself into a Friday night pisshead looking for the local hard case to take on, Beckham got up and strode out with purpose. Nothing happened because both sets of players intervened but it still didn't stop the Kippax in true Derby ffashion screaming at Beckham "Over here"!

Like Paul Dickov, this was one of those battles I had with my mates. They thought he was a hero, I thought he was absolutely shite and stealing a living. Couldn't understand the fandom for him and the best people could describe it is that he got stuck in and ran around a bit.

Like Paul Dickov, this was one of those battles I had with my mates. They thought he was a hero, I thought he was absolutely shite and stealing a living. Couldn't understand the fandom for him and the best people could describe it is that he got stuck in and ran around a bit.
I think it's all we had. We now have Silva and KdB and Aguero etc, back then all we had to cling to was the odd player who ran around a lot and kicked Rags.

My memory of him was him doing the best he could, similar to Dickov in that respect, they could both be a menace. Can't ever remember thinking "he's not trying". Attitude was excellent.

That sums up my opinion on both those players. I always preferred the likes of Horlock and Wiekens in that era.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.