Darts walk on girls chalked off.

Sorry can't agree with any of that.
Most advertisement is the selling of an image, and they pretty much do use good looking people to appear in their adverts. For instance, Chris Hemsworth (Hugo Boss), Josh Holloway (CK, D&G, DKNY, Davidoff), Scott Eastwood (Davidoff).
These people are hired because they're A-list celebrities. The type of people who might be photographed at glamorous events wearing the brand. Yes they're good looking (and in many cases, could probably be models if they weren't actors), but the brands are tapping into that exclusively, luxurious lifestyle when they hire them. My point was that they're not choosing people just because they're good looking, but because they project a particular image that matches the image the perfume wants to portray. Someone like Helen Flanagan is just as good looking as a lot of Hollywood stars, but she's not likely to be put in a Gucci advert any time soon, because she not an A-list celebrity portraying an unattainable lifestyle. She's not likely to appear on the red carpet at the Oscars any time soon.

It would be if you didn't overlook one simple fact: target audience

There's one prevailing adage in advertisement that comes up again and again 'Sex sells'.
Motorsport, Boxing & Darts are predominately male viewer sports and hence why females are mostly used to promote/advertise products.
It's also why certain brands/companies get attracted to sponsoring these events. They are specifically wanting to target a certain demographic - men (i.e. I can't ever remember seeing a Tampon advert stuck on the side of a racing car.)
This is true, but perhaps that's what the organisers want to change. Perhaps they want to attract new audiences, like other sports have been fairly successful doing. Most competitive sports are probably going to be male-dominated in terms of viewership, especially if it's a male tournament, but if you can remove things that might put women off watching, and basically tell them that it's not for them, and your audience goes from 1% women to 10% women, then you've made more money.

It would be if you didn't overlook one simple fact: target audience

There's one prevailing adage in advertisement that comes up again and again 'Sex sells'.
Motorsport, Boxing & Darts are predominately male viewer sports and hence why females are mostly used to promote/advertise products.
It's also why certain brands/companies get attracted to sponsoring these events. They are specifically wanting to target a certain demographic - men (i.e. I can't ever remember seeing a Tampon advert stuck on the side of a racing car.)
Exactly this. Has anyone done any polling amongst Darts and F1 audiences to ascertain if these girls don't
''Reflect societal norms?'' I would think that the overwhelming majority are pissed off with the idea that a small
number of agenda driven feminists have managed to ensure that girls who make a choice out of free will, and
earning a few bob, have now had that opportunity taken away from them. Most of the preaching is coming from
well-heeled women, earning hundreds of thousands, many of these girls are working class, and have been doing a job
that does nobody any harm, but get degraded by harridans who feel compelled to 'Educate' them, by stripping them
of their right to choose to earn their money how they, and they alone, see fit.
If depriving a woman of her job is feminism, it's no wonder it's now got a bad press.

This is true, but perhaps that's what the organisers want to change. Perhaps they want to attract new audiences, like other sports have been fairly successful doing. Most competitive sports are probably going to be male-dominated in terms of viewership, especially if it's a male tournament, but if you can remove things that might put women off watching, and basically tell them that it's not for them, and your audience goes from 1% women to 10% women, then you've made more money.
Who has decided that that women who watch Darts competitions are put off by walk on girls?
Has there been screaming thousands of them at F1 calling for grid girls to be banned?

Nothing sexist about pretty girls being paid for strutting their stuff, its their choice and they all seem to enjoy it, I suspect most of the ones complaining about it have faces like a blind cobblers thumb and an arse like a bag of spanners.. This country is being taken over by the fat free yogurt wool knitters, I tell ya...!!!!

Who has decided that that women who watch Darts competitions are put off by walk on girls?
The organisers?

Let's be honest, if you (I assume you're a bloke) turned on the TV and saw an event with a bunch of screaming middle-aged women in the crowds and a couple of muscly blokes on a stage, you'd probably assume that whatever it was wasn't aimed at you and turn off.

The organisers?

Let's be honest, if you (I assume you're a bloke) turned on the TV and saw an event with a bunch of screaming middle-aged women in the crowds and a couple of muscly blokes on a stage, you'd probably assume that whatever it was wasn't aimed at you and turn off.

Agree. but it wouldn't be the muscly men that would put me off; it would be the screaming middle aged women

The organisers?

Yes I would, which is why I don't watch wrestling, or go to see the Chippendales.
What you're saying is that the women who watch darts, and F1, are not turning up in numbers comparable to men, because
of pretty girls adorning the stage, I am saying that, particularly with Darts, there are many women who watch,
and these are now all assumed to be supportive of banning the girls, who has asked them?
There is also a ridiculous assumption that these two sports will now see an increase in women audiences because of this ruling.
If you believe that you'll believe anything, these two sports are massively dominated by male viewers, the reason
why strident feminists don't like the girls, is because men like looking at them, simple.

Yes I would, which is why I don't watch wrestling, or go to see the Chippendales.
What you're saying is that the women who watch darts, and F1, are not turning up in numbers comparable to men, because
of pretty girls adorning the stage, I am saying that, particularly with Darts, there are many women who watch,
and these are now all assumed to be supportive of banning the girls, who has asked them?
There is also a ridiculous assumption that these two sports will now see an increase in women audiences because of this ruling.
If you believe that you'll believe anything, these two sports are massively dominated by male viewers, the reason
why strident feminists don't like the girls, is because men like looking at them, simple.
Just for the record, assume that any sentence starting with "What you are saying is..." is probably not what I'm saying. Who made the assumption that current female darts fans are in favour of getting rid of the women? Certainly not me. I said that there existence, amongst other things, clearly distinguishes it as a product aimed at men. That's fine if that's what the company wants the product to be, but it seems that they want it to be more inclusive.

Frankly, your opinion on whether or not the broadcasters changes will lead to an increase in female viewers (or an increase in advertising revenues) is irrelevant. It's their prerogative if they want to try it and find out, because it's there product. The only reason a profit-making business makes a decision like this is because they think, short term or long term, it will reflect well on their bottom line.

Also who are these many women who watch? I think I counted 6 here.

Just for the record, assume that any sentence starting with "What you are saying is..." is probably not what I'm saying. Who made the assumption that current female darts fans are in favour of getting rid of the women? Certainly not me. I said that there existence, amongst other things, clearly distinguishes it as a product aimed at men. That's fine if that's what the company wants the product to be, but it seems that they want it to be more inclusive.

You said previously 'but if you can remove things that might put women off watching', sorta implying/inferring that one the things is the walk on girls. If it isn't then please explain what other things would put off woman watching.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.