David Bernstein for (Honorary) President

I suppose the season tickets were free rather than he was banned, and could buy them at the time if he wanted? Or was he banned?

Did he give any reason for it ?

I wonder if it was something to do with Wardle/Makin ?
He didn't give a reason but I could see why Wardle & Makin, who he fell out with over Robbie Fowler, might have felt justified in doing that, thinking about the timing.

I didn't make the connection but he was fully supportive of our nascent Supporters Trust in 2006, and took it on himself to go to the media after we met him, but before we felt it was the right time to do so. The City board was a woeful one at the time and the implied (actually it was an explicit) challenge would have gone down like a lead balloon.

He didn't give a reason but I could see why Wardle & Makin, who he fell out with over Robbie Fowler, might have felt justified in doing that, thinking about the timing.

I didn't make the connection but he was fully supportive of our nascent Supporters Trust in 2006, and took it on himself to go to the media after we met him, but before we felt it was the right time to do so. The City board was a woeful one at the time and the implied (actually it was an explicit) challenge would have gone down like a lead balloon.
Thanks PB, terrible if true, because without Bernstein we probably wouldn't have had a club.

I'm sure David could afford to buy a season ticket for himself if he so desired, so maybe there are other things behind the scenes we don't know.

He should be given a honorary president though for me, good luck.

I was told a long time ago by a vice president that Garry Cook had told him the club wanted to get rid of the vice presidents. He told Garry why bother, they are all getting on and won't be here for much longer. That vice president is now dead also. The only vice president appointed since the takeover, I think, is the council man Leese. So unless the powers that be have changed policy I dont think its a goer.

Last edited:
I'm guessing he was effectively declared persona non grata.
Fair enough, I won't ask if he was using them or not as that information is unlikely to be known.
I was told a long time ago by a vice president that Gary Cook had told him the club wanted to get rid of the vice presidents. He told Gary why bother, they are all getting on and won't be here for much longer. That vice president is now dead also. The only vice president appointed since the takeover, I think, is the council man Leese. So unless the powers that be have changed policy I dont think its a goer.
Freddie Pye was always the one who stood out in the programme.

I would also add I found it simply incredible that our present Owner/Execs gave so much credence to Bernard Halford.

A true blue but also a man who was part of the Swales regime and a man who knew the secrets of disappearing cash under that regime.

Also there is an argument that Halford was incompetent at his job.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.