David Silva - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
That doesn't come across to him much in the stadium though .

I tell him about the clever people don't worry
I'm surprised he feels that way. If you questioned city fans, 9/10 would respond that hes an unbelievable player and a great number of those would have him up there as an all time favourite. All he needs is a better name that rhymes with a catchy song. His name doesnt have enough syllables. tell him i think hes brill.

I'm surprised he feels that way. If you questioned city fans, 9/10 would respond that hes an unbelievable player and a great number of those would have him up there as an all time favourite.
I'd be amazed if he thought otherwise too. He keeps a low profile in his life, good for him, and he's left to get on with it by his fans.

95% of people in the stadium on a match day fully appreciate him, just because he doesn't have a decent song/chant doesn't mean much, if he personally has any doubts, he should listen to the reception he gets whenever he's taken off, or put on, its almost always a standing ovation.

I'd disagree with extremely precious and would rather look at it this..like a mate of a world class footballer defending his ability and application against one or two individuals on here who have polar opposite (& plain wrong) opinions to virtually every other City fan.

.. Yeah ok maybe a tad precious!

I will pass on your love to David. If I had a pound..... Lol.

The Olé song is great we just don't get it going at home often enough or in enough numbers... Whereas David does hear Sergio, Sergio. Away games are much better though. I should've mentioned that earlier. It's at home where he doesn't get his name heard often enough.

It kind of links in with what Pep thinks of our home support. It should be a cauldron. That's a whole new topic though and equally as contentious.

Cheers

Feel free to tell him that the woman from the second tier of the North East corner who cheers him above all others when the team is announced is actually me. And did you ask him yet about whether he'd like to pop round for dinner one night? I make a lovely patatas bravas and would happily learn to make something else if he's not a fan of that. You can come too if you're hungry. :-)

Can only say what I've seen so won't comment on the legends you mentioned. I think if we're talking about the greatest I'd say Yaya. He's up there ability wise but what sets him apart from the likes of Silva is his clutch/big moments factor. That's where David is still slightly slacking for me.
There wouldn't be nearly as many "clutch/big moments" without Silva's high level of consistency in prompting attacks, a lot of his good work goes unnoticed by some because it doesn't get the "headline" stat of a goal or assist.

Interesting reading bluwhit's comments and perhaps answers some questions. He comes over as someone who needs an arm round the shoulder regularly, perhaps a bit fragile confidence-wise. Stays well under the radar as far as his life outside football is concerned. I remember Mike Summerbee talking about Neil Young in very much the same terms. Neil was another who probably didn't get the level of recognition he deserved, certainly by the wider football community.

Perhaps if Dave had more of an ego, a bit more swagger, we'd have seen an even better player than the one we have. I've been critical of him but only because I feel he has more than enough in his locker to be regularly named in World XI's and be a Ballon D'Or nominee.

Interesting reading bluwhit's comments and perhaps answers some questions. He comes over as someone who needs an arm round the shoulder regularly, perhaps a bit fragile confidence-wise. Stays well under the radar as far as his life outside football is concerned. I remember Mike Summerbee talking about Neil Young in very much the same terms. Neil was another who probably didn't get the level of recognition he deserved, certainly by the wider football community.

Perhaps if Dave had more of an ego, a bit more swagger, we'd have seen an even better player than the one we have. I've been critical of him but only because I feel he has more than enough in his locker to be regularly named in World XI's and be a Ballon D'Or nominee.
He has an ego. He's not fragile. He's merely asking the question why is his name not heard as much as others.

He's doubting others not himself.

You're opinion is wrong. Think you have misconstrued my ramblings.

If Messi was at our club some would still not be happy.

Perfection does not exist... David ain't too far from it though in my and others opinions.

There wouldn't be nearly as many "clutch/big moments" without Silva's high level of consistency in prompting attacks, a lot of his good work goes unnoticed by some because it doesn't get the "headline" stat of a goal or assist.

Silva hardly played a role in some our key matches in the last few years.

Interesting take. I've always felt that he's a bit soft in terms of his confidence. When he's playing well he's unbelievable, but at times he's looked like he's wilted if things aren't going well for the team or for him personally in a game. Maybe if we were roaring his name in the manner in which the KDB song gets belted out it'd make a difference? I can certainly see it being possible.

One of the first players I really enjoyed watching was Tommy Hutchison and also Paul Lake, both players seemed to have more time and space and were able to release the ball by having a clear idea in their minds what was going to happen next. That is talent, and for me David Silva is this with knobs on. Out of all the players we bought since the takeover Silva has been the best - not only is he consistent, he is loyal, never causes an ounce of problems and despite his ankles being targeted by some of the lesser talented players is available more often than not. As I and others have said previously you don't know what you've got until it's gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.