David Silva - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 more year. Don't think he'll be good enough in 2 years time.

Or it could just be that im sticking to my prediction from last year that he had 2 more years at the top. I'm a bit surprised by how god he has been this year. But expect a bit of a decline next year.

Agree. But hope you're wrong

Or it could just be that im sticking to my prediction from last year that he had 2 more years at the top. I'm a bit surprised by how god he has been this year. But expect a bit of a decline next year.

I don't know what kind of decline you are expecting. Last season he didn't play well due to constantly playing injured. This season he's been world class and even improved, playing a completely different role than the one he's played most of his career.

His game is not based on pace or athletic ability but more on the mind. His dribbling is also phenomenal. It really is up to him. Silva has a long time at the top level if he can stay injury free.

Edit: Don't mean to single you out, I'm sure many posters feel that way.

He's been better this season, but let's not get too giddy about World Class performances. He wasn't alone, but he was poor in Monaco, and has generally been peripheral in the six games against the three teams above us.

Hopefully not, although you could well be correct. He'll be getting to that age where many start to decline physically.

However, with more quality and younger more energetic, athletic players around him it could prolong his career somewhat; and I include new fullbacks in this.

He's been better this season, but let's not get too giddy about World Class performances. He wasn't alone, but he was poor in Monaco, and has generally been peripheral in the six games against the three teams above us.
You honestly believe he was peripheral Wednesday night? If so you don't understand football. He was our best player. Same goes for the home game v Chelsea. Our best player in both games against the best team in the league.

I don't know what kind of decline you are expecting. Last season he didn't play well due to constantly playing injured. This season he's been world class and even improved, playing a completely different role than the one he's played most of his career.

His game is not based on pace or athletic ability but more on the mind. His dribbling is also phenomenal. It really is up to him. Silva has a long time at the top level if he can stay injury free.

Edit: Don't mean to single you out, I'm sure many posters feel that way.
Nah it's cool. I just see things differently. I think Next year will be his last top end year.

Hopefully not, although you could well be correct. He'll be getting to that age where many start to decline physically.

However, with more quality and younger more energetic, athletic players around him it could prolong his career somewhat; and I include new fullbacks in this.
I really think he can fashion out 4 more years as a Pivoting DM. But as the top 5 attacking midfielder in football. I'd say he has 1 more year of that at most.

I really think he can fashion out 4 more years as a Pivoting DM. But as the top 5 attacking midfielder in football. I'd say he has 1 more year of that at most.

That's a bit optimistic.

Do you think at 35 Silva would have the energy to play the way Guardiola wants? Unless of course you mean at a sedate pace elsewhere?

You honestly believe he was peripheral Wednesday night? If so you don't understand football. He was our best player. Same goes for the home game v Chelsea. Our best player in both games against the best team in the league.
Its always good to get an unbiased opinion.

Mistake from me. Yes, he has a year. I think a lot of people are eager to see the next generation sooner rather than later. Only time will tell what will happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.