David Silva - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
i guess he would have came on if the game was close but after the 3 goals in 10 mins pep may just gave up and decided to save him for later games

I think there may have been an element of this in his thinking because we looked totally dead and buried. Liverpool should have closed the game out much better than they did. They were still running round like headless chickens at 4-1 up when all they needed to do was sit back and see it out

Where we missed him was retaining the ball up the field. Too many of our players gave the ball away cheaply that allowed them to break in numbers and put Ferna and the centre backs under pressure. If Silva was playing that wouldn't have happened as much nor would they have score three goals in ten minutes.

I really think we need to be planning for not having much of silva for the rest of the season. He has so much more on his mind and it’s a long process for him and his family to deal with.

A big loss for us and I’m sure pep is figuring out how we move forward. Kev looks knackered, aguero just looks gone and Jesus out. Makes Sanchez more an attractive buy for the right price but we need cover in now but how can anybody replace silva.

What silva is going through must be horrendous and the fact he’s even in Manchester amazes me. I wish his family all the best. I can’t see pep choosing him or putting extra stress on him for the rest of the season.

Its amazing how much worse we play without him. Gundogan has done ok but neither him or Kev dictates and controls the whole game like David does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.