David Silva

He was absolutely amazing for us the first 8 games this season and then got a bad injury, was still very decent in spite of that. Confident he will be back to his best next season and he plays better with better players around him.

The ankle problems go back to the days of Mancini. If it were only a question of rest it would have been sorted out long ago. I agree with worselyweb. He was amazing at the start of last season. Thereafter he was below his incredible best but usually not hopeless.

Footballers have, from their point of view, lamentably short careers that are a single bad tackle away from being brutally terminated.

They cannot be criticised for trying to squeeze every last drop from the experience. To fail to appreciate this, is to fail to understand human nature.

It may not be as important to you. You may think City winning the premier league should be more important to a player than his country winning the World Cup or European Championships. I honestly don't think that is the case with the players.

I don't think that we can use broad brushstrokes and say that either or is important to all players. My point is simply that no matter what personal satisfaction they take from international success, their job is with the clubs they are contracted to. That's who pays the wages, gives the platform for international recognition etc. So players in general should show a little more respect to their clubs.

Footballers have, from their point of view, lamentably short careers that are a single bad tackle away from being brutally terminated.

They cannot be criticised for trying to squeeze every last drop from the experience. To fail to appreciate this, is to fail to understand human nature.

I appreciate that, but you must appreciate that precisely because they are one bad tackle away from it all being over, that they should probably pay a little more heed as they get older to what's best for their long term as well as short term future. Of course going to play at the Euros is a great experience for Silva. But baring in mind he's won a world cup and two euros already for Spain, but has no CL winners medal, there's surely some sense in trying to achieve what he hasn't achieved and prolonging his club career rather than going to experience a tournament he's won twice.

I appreciate that, but you must appreciate that precisely because they are one bad tackle away from it all being over, that they should probably pay a little more heed as they get older to what's best for their long term as well as short term future. Of course going to play at the Euros is a great experience for Silva. But baring in mind he's won a world cup and two euros already for Spain, but has no CL winners medal, there's surely some sense in trying to achieve what he hasn't achieved and prolonging his club career rather than going to experience a tournament he's won twice.

For all he knows, he could ditch the Euros then find himself on the bench at City.

It's not realistic to expect him to miss the tournament.

I don't think that we can use broad brushstrokes and say that either or is important to all players. My point is simply that no matter what personal satisfaction they take from international success, their job is with the clubs they are contracted to. That's who pays the wages, gives the platform for international recognition etc. So players in general should show a little more respect to their clubs.

I know, through my son, many international contestants in many sports and I am confident to use a broad brushstroke to say that international recognition is very important to most sports people. Of course, as you will rightly say, football is different in that another party are paying very substantial wages. Having said that do you know that City don't want him to appear for Spain? Clubs should normally be pleased when their players are selected in that it raises the profile of the player and the club. If he were to withdraw and Spain were to win the Euro's then he would regret missing out on that.

Jeez, when Billy gets "on one" about a player/manager, there is no stopping him, lmao.

;-)

Strange opening post. It's almost as if Silva single handedly turned an average team into Champions. The line about Bony is just bizarre as well.

The fact is that people will make their minds up and form opinions on what is happening right now. The fact is that Silva didn't cut it last season. Another 6 months like that and his fate could be sealed as much as we all love him.

Most overrated player in City's history scored one important goal in the whole time he as been here ( Arsenal at home 1-0 )

I have kept my mouth shut on him on this and previous threads for months but it's plain embassing how the fuck is the best player ever 2 wear the City shirt .

Yaya Toure as won us leagues and cups on his own .

Really hope Pep fucks him off as all he does his slow everything down , his best game 4 us was against Hull away when we won 2 0

Gio , now he could play and could even go past a man and actually pass it forward .

Enjoy your bank holiday Sunday everyone

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.