Davis cup Canada vGB

toutmaster

not a tennis fan but what a bizarre way to win that must of hurt the poor umpire Lol replay up on bbc sport now

Last edited:
The lad was in tears, it was just a spur of the moment incident and I felt sorry for him as well. Plus the poor umpire, a tennis ball at about 70/80 miles an hour has to hurt. His eye was closing as he got down from his seat. Hope he is ok.

Thought the umpire did well to keep his cool like that. Reading the scores out as clearly and calmly as he did after being hit in the eye like was really impressive on his part. Not sure I'd have nearly as much composure as he did. Even if he didn't hit the umpire, whacking it into the crowd was a bit of a dick move on the lad's part. Must be pretty heartbreaking to lose a match for your country like that.

Proper funny but agree about the umpire, very classy. We were laughing about if the umpire had been a English football referee. He'd have fallen over backwards out of the seat!

Feel very sorry for the young player though.

What really pisses me off when watching these Davis Cup matches, which is why I can only tolerate about 2 serves, are the wannabees in their Union flag T-shirts, all from the simpering classes, shouting "Let's go GB, let's go - clap, clap - let's go GB, lets go". Morons the lot of them. Piss off back to Roedean please. And as for the females..............

Why have they got to try and emulate the worst of American sporting rituals? We're British for God's sake - where are the shouts of "the Umpire is a blind bastard"?

Canadian lad should have had a rag shirt on........

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.