Defending the indefencible....

moomba said:
mackenzie said:
Who do you think is also anonymous?

Anonymous is probably the wrong word. As for those I think have made less of a positive contribution to results this season.

Garrido, Dunne, Richards, Zabaleta, Hamann, Gelson, Vassel, Benjani, Jo, Elano, Evans, Sturriudge, Ball, Hart.

Really? Some of those names surprise me Moomba.

Can agree with Richards, Hamann, Gelson, Evans and Ball but I think the rest have played their part on occasion.

mackenzie said:
moomba said:
Anonymous is probably the wrong word. As for those I think have made less of a positive contribution to results this season.

Garrido, Dunne, Richards, Zabaleta, Hamann, Gelson, Vassel, Benjani, Jo, Elano, Evans, Sturriudge, Ball, Hart.

Really? Some of those names surprise me Moomba.

Can agree with Richards, Hamann, Gelson, Evans and Ball but I think the rest have played their part on occasion.

Not saying they haven't played their part, just that their contribution to results, performances, and my overall enjoyment of football is less (by a fair margin) than Robinho's.

In fact I'd say only Ireland, Kompany (less so) and SWP have come close.

I am no footballing expert and certainly couldn't manage a Premiership Club. I don't know what to think of MH. However, three facts are clear to me.

1. The owners do not want to be seen as football illiterates by sacking a manage after six months and, even though they did not appoint him, gave him and us their word that they supported him which, as I said at the time of the takeover period, is the most important thing for them.

2. January signings are imminent and so rocking the boat makes absolutely no sense [well, at least until February, you'd think].

3. If our league position does not improve within the next few weeks, there is only one business decision to make, and you all now what that will be.

CTID

bluemoon1078 said:
The Ox said:
All you Hughes supporters, no matter how you jazz it up we are officially bottom 3 - how much lower can we go before you recognise the problems ?
All this bollox about being in a UEFA spot ready for the transfer window has evaporated quickly, what top class player is going to swap chasing trophies to scrapping to survive the premier league trap door ? If we maintain the same points average over the next 19 games we are fucked simple as !! Enough is enough no more excuses !!

Once again we are flapping prematurely! If we lose tomorrow you have some validity for this thread, but because we haven't even played yet wtf are you on about? If we actually manage a win tomorrow then we have hugely improved the situation and this thread probably wouldn't get started!
This is the problem with the Hughes in camp - how many times do you keep saying "If we lose tommorowyou have some validity blah blah" ?
I remember a thread after the Derby saying "Well we've got 10 easy games next up" and peeps were totting up how many points we would yield !! Wake up, even after the Derby (which we were shocking in) he has not managed to raise the morale of the team nor the standard or effort required to pull us away from the bottom 3 FFS !!
And another point I wish to make is that if Aston Villa are our yardstick then we have to hope that they at least lose 5games and us win 5 games just to become top 4 gatecrashers !!

The Ox said:
bluemoon1078 said:
Once again we are flapping prematurely! If we lose tomorrow you have some validity for this thread, but because we haven't even played yet wtf are you on about? If we actually manage a win tomorrow then we have hugely improved the situation and this thread probably wouldn't get started!
This is the problem with the Hughes in camp - how many times do you keep saying "If we lose tommorowyou have some validity blah blah" ?
I remember a thread after the Derby saying "Well we've got 10 easy games next up" and peeps were totting up how many points we would yield !! Wake up, even after the Derby (which we were shocking in) he has not managed to raise the morale of the team nor the standard or effort required to pull us away from the bottom 3 FFS !!
And another point I wish to make is that if Aston Villa are our yardstick then we have to hope that they at least lose 5games and us win 5 games just to become top 4 gatecrashers !!

And the problem with the Hughes out camp is that we get threads like this when actually we haven't even played yet so nothing has changed since last time we had a glut of Hughes out threads. As i have said all along you can not hang the man before he has had a chance to get the players in that he wants and ship out some of the sulky bastards that don't want to put it in for the team. If he then can't improve things i will be calling for his head with you!

For this season Villa were never ever going to be our yardstick! it is this sort of ridiculous expectations that piss me off, get real!

bluemoon1078 said:
For this season Villa were never ever going to be our yardstick! it is this sort of ridiculous expectations that piss me off, get real!

How is it ridiculous, we finished 5 points away from them last season and spent £70m odd in the summer. I wouldn't have bet on us overtaking Villa, but it's certainly not ridiculous to expect us to at least stay close to them.

bluemoon1078 said:
The Ox said:

And the problem with the Hughes out camp is that we get threads like this when actually we haven't even played yet so nothing has changed since last time we had a glut of Hughes out threads. As i have said all along you can not hang the man before he has had a chance to get the players in that he wants and ship out some of the sulky bastards that don't want to put it in for the team. If he then can't improve things i will be calling for his head with you!

Listen this aint personal pal, you are one of many (I hold my hands up so was I) but you can't honestly say that at the start of the season your aspirations for us after the signings were not for us to be at least on a par with Aston Villa after 17 games !
PS we were in the bottom 3 today without even kicking a ball - at least admit that that is more perilous a situation than you or any of us could have imagined after spending nearly £70million !

mackenzie said:
moomba said:
Not in my opinion.

Not mine either tbh. Think we have too much talent to get sucked in Moomba.

However, Rob is either a World beater or anonymous.

We are currently 18th - sounds like a relegation fight to me

moomba said:
bluemoon1078 said:

How is it ridiculous, we finished 5 points away from them last season and spent £70m odd in the summer. I wouldn't have bet on us overtaking Villa, but it's certainly not ridiculous to expect us to at least stay close to them.

Agreed. We are in a precarious position now, because if Hughes is allowed to stay and we don't finish minimum top 8 (ideally top 6) then the season will be an utter failure. At that point it's almost certain Robinho will leave and we'll take a big step back in having to build the side again. With nearly half the season gone and acheiving barely above 1 point per game the performance is pathetic considering the quality of the squad inherited and MH has no excuses whatsoever about being undermined by the board. The Hughes supporters are basically saying we should gamble on Hughes signing players like Craig Bellamy in January because he thinks they will improve our currently abysmal form and he is incapable of motivating many of the existing players.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.