Defensive Midfield Targets/Options

Dear Txiki,

Leandro Paredes please.

Thanks.
I've been wanting him for a while,extremely press resistant and perfect for the system, get him in !!!
Imagine the opposition trying to get the ball from a midfield 3 of silva Bernardo and paeredes.

Surprised at the lack of Jorginho talk to be honest, tailor made for the role. Top CM in Serie A with some of the best passing, & is only 25 years old. I mean he's practically already playing a similar role under Sarri.

Can't see past him for you guys

Dortmund's transfers are not dependent on their coaches.
That's usually true, but Weigl seemed to be Tuchel's pick and a bit of a pet project. If the incoming coach discontinues the single pivot system his worth to Dortmund drops considerably.

Could anyone see Stones being deployed as a DM?

Honestly no and I don't know why people keep mentioning this. I guess because he's good with his feet and would seem more defensive, but it wouldn't work IMO. Stones can dribble with the ball well, but he's not a great passer of the ball. He wouldn't be able to play out of pressure. You can't dribble away from danger in that position. You'll get caught and turn the ball over deep in your own half. You need to be able to play one touch passes accurately. I don't see him able to do that.

Honestly no and I don't know why people keep mentioning this. I guess because he's good with his feet and would seem more defensive, but it wouldn't work IMO. Stones can dribble with the ball well, but he's not a great passer of the ball. He wouldn't be able to play out of pressure. You can't dribble away from danger in that position. You'll get caught and turn the ball over deep in your own half. You need to be able to play one touch passes accurately. I don't see him able to do that.

I agree, we'd get found out with him at DM

Do we need a DM?

Maybe not so much a Kante type, but Pep will want a Busquets or an Alonso.

Yaya can do it against the weaker sides but not the best, Fernandinho is not a single pivot player as we saw against Monaco away, and can Gundogan keep fit?

I have a feeling there I something in the Carvalho rumours. Those rumours have been popping up for weeks now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.