Defensive Midfield Targets/Options

we wont win the title if we dont sign a dm simple as that, the dm positon is so important to pep's system and having just yaya and dinho there ( maybe garcia) doesn't fill me with confidence.

Lots of people seem to be placing a lot of faith in gundogan came to us on back of a bad injury and got an even worse injury. Great player but injury such as the ones he's had take a serious toll. I think Romeu at Southampton would be a good buy and knows all about Peps style having been at Barca as a kid.

Lots of people seem to be placing a lot of faith in gundogan came to us on back of a bad injury and got an even worse injury. Great player but injury such as the ones he's had take a serious toll. I think Romeu at Southampton would be a good buy and knows all about Peps style having been at Barca as a kid.
That's a decent shout. I think Romeu is hugely underrated.

It truly is the most important position on the pitch.
Without a fast quality DM next season we're going to win fuck all again. Fernandinho, YaYa and Gundogan are players who can support a DM - and occasionally be the DM against lesser lights. They are not the DM.
I'm still not so sure that in a league of whippets that a single pivot actually works - even with much faster full backs.

Got to admit, I've got a bad feeling that this position is going to let us down.
That makes two of us.
Well over half the goals we conceded last season were due to our central DM being outnumbered at some point in the move. Especially against the rest of the top 6.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.