Defensive Midfield Targets/Options

There won't be a CM bought this summer. The six players for the three positions are Toure, Ferna, Silva, Silva, Gundo, KDB.

I have no doubt that you're getting some good information from City but I hope you're info is wrong this time. The most important position in our current setup for me is the "Busquets" role, starts the attacks, gets through any press and reads the danger early. Yaya wass brilliant there but I worry about him against the better sides as Pep must as he dropped him away in Monaco, Fernandinho was poor in that role second half of the season and had a stinker in Monaco, Gundogan will only be coming back and I'm not convinced about Garcia as yet.

Any kids from the acadamy who are good enough?

Jacob Davenport is a top player! Pretty sure he won youth player of the year last year - considering some of the other players we have in our youth team (Diaz, Sancho, Maffeo, Angelino etc.) that is some achievement!

And, after watching him play in the FA Youth Cup over the last few seasons, I can say he's certainly in the mould of Nigel de Jong i.e. takes two touches - one to tackle, and one to pass it to someone else! Simple, effective, and he's damn good at it!

Jacob Davenport is a top player! Pretty sure he won youth player of the year last year - considering some of the other players we have in our youth team (Diaz, Sancho, Maffeo, Angelino etc.) that is some achievement!

And, after watching him play in the FA Youth Cup over the last few seasons, I can say he's certainly in the mould of Nigel de Jong i.e. takes two touches - one to tackle, and one to pass it to someone else! Simple, effective, and he's damn good at it!
So know its perfect to give this guy his chance. We will not need a DM in a majority of our games so.

Our cm will need refreshed we have great attacking cms in the Silva's, kdb and in the future foden and Diaz. But on the defensive side we have yaya (34), fernandinho (32) and maybe gundogan who I think is brilliant but is he able to play the pivot role and protect the back line? We have been linked with naby keita who is more of a box to box mid from what I have seen. What opinions are out there? Who are we being linked with? Any youth team opinions?

Fabinho's the other only one who's seriously been mentioned. Obviously if he has a successful loan spell, Garcia could be ready to step up, but we'd most likely buy someone too.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.