Deliberately knocked off my pushbike by angry motorist

Honestly I don't have a problem with cyclists generally. Its the lycra mob on their racing bikes or the off roader mountain bikers that ride down towpaths or walkways at great speed that piss me off. Its the sanctimonious attitude of some of the lycra camera wearing mob who think they own the road that causes most of the problems. Them stupid lights they wear on their helmets at night are worse than high beam when they travel en-mass down country lanes.. You also see them on the country roads flying down hill in the middle of the road with little thought for anyone or anything coming in the opposite direction. I am obviously generalising a bit but there are far more like that than are just going for a nice pleasurable ride along the road. Bikes should have some sort of registration number and pay a road fee. Believe me, if they do any damage they don't hang around. I have seen them kick out at cars then cycle off despite the fact it was them that cut in front of cars.

Agreed 100%.

These lot and the people who cycle out at night with no lights on at all.

9/10 if they have Lycra and a go pro on, they act and cycle like a total twat.

It always amazes me how many ride on roads in dark clothing with no lights on, are they delivering a fuckin' box of milk tray or something?.

Seriously though, those responsible cyclists who have lights that motorists can see, and have hi-viz clothing on are more likely to be seen and not knocked off their bike.

All the best to the @Bluemanc100, hope you're on the mend blue: )
That's another story. I cannot understand why anyone would risk their life for the sake of a couple of cheap lights. If a motorist end up hitting them they are likely to face a charge of driving without due care and attention. Plod should be as hard on cyclists driving without lights as they are with motorists.

That's another story. I cannot understand why anyone would risk their life for the sake of a couple of cheap lights. If a motorist end up hitting them they are likely to face a charge of driving without due care and attention. Plod should be as hard on cyclists driving without lights as they are with motorists.
Plod should have a hard on with cyclists? : /

Honestly I don't have a problem with cyclists generally. Its the lycra mob on their racing bikes or the off roader mountain bikers that ride down towpaths or walkways at great speed that piss me off. Its the sanctimonious attitude of some of the lycra camera wearing mob who think they own the road that causes most of the problems. Them stupid lights they wear on their helmets at night are worse than high beam when they travel en-mass down country lanes.. You also see them on the country roads flying down hill in the middle of the road with little thought for anyone or anything coming in the opposite direction. I am obviously generalising a bit but there are far more like that than are just going for a nice pleasurable ride along the road. Bikes should have some sort of registration number and pay a road fee. Believe me, if they do any damage they don't hang around. I have seen them kick out at cars then cycle off despite the fact it was them that cut in front of cars.
There's dickheads everywhere, I agree, but anyone, and I mean anyone, can make an error in charge of a vehicle (incl bikes) at any time, and/or turn into a knob.
I'm not defending bad (inconsiderate) cycling, just as I'm not defending bad drivers, but that isn't the discussion. You want all cyclists off the road and onto existing, sometimes impractical cycle paths. That isn't going to happen because it isn't the general consensus of road users and it isn't a solution. You're in the minority because you can't work out how to be understanding to other road users. Complaining about cyclists wearing lights that make it easier to be seen, in a rant about cyclists being inconsiderate suggests you're not really thinking about this very well.

It always amazes me how many ride on roads in dark clothing with no lights on, are they delivering a fuckin' box of milk tray or something?.

Seriously though, those responsible cyclists who have lights that motorists can see, and have hi-viz clothing on are more likely to be seen and not knocked off their bike.

One of my mates is a North West Council employee working as a safety officer and cycles everywhere but no lights & dark clothing all the time.

Constantly giving him shit for it. Told him he's the canal pushers dream.

Agreed 100%.

These lot and the people who cycle out at night with no lights on at all.

9/10 if they have Lycra and a go pro on, they act and cycle like a total twat.

The go pro heros think it stops them from getting a hiding, will just smash the thing up first before filling them in lol.

It's just a hunch, but I'm pretty sure the driver in this case saw the OP.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.