Depressing

I can't see why people are shocked, he's never going implement kids into the team if he doesn't have to. Games like Tuesday are a perfect time to give one or two a chance, clichy got absolute roasted in the first half, so what have you got to lose? Arsenal giving bellerin a chance covering injuries last year has worked out well, he's now one of the best in the league. I'll also add coquelin to that, he's been brilliant since been given the chance. We have to accept, until we get a new manager we won't be seeing kids in our team, unless it's the very last option.

I can't see why people are shocked, he's never going implement kids into the team if he doesn't have to. Games like Tuesday are a perfect time to give one or two a chance, clichy got absolute roasted in the first half, so what have you got to lose? Arsenal giving bellerin a chance covering injuries last year has worked out well, he's now one of the best in the league. I'll also add coquelin to that, he's been brilliant since been given the chance. We have to accept, until we get a new manager we won't be seeing kids in our team, unless it's the very last option.
Tuesday's game is a terrible example. We had to win to have a chance of winning the group so there was no chance of starting Maffeo for his debut, if he'd been roasted he may never had recovered his confidence. The half time talk ensured everyone upped their game.

Unlike everyone on a football forum, Pellegrini doesn't have the benefit of hindsight.

You knew who the three subs would be as soon as the teams were announced yesterday.

Not the game to give a debut, but surely we can afford to give these kids the odd 5 minutes at the end of the odd game so they can be a realistic option on the bench.

Very sensible post but I would extend it to beyond 5 minutes.

Nacho showed against Palace what you can do with youth and a desire for youth to impress.

You don't want to ebb that away by playing safe all the time which often leads you astray in any case.

Our better players are often injured now so we need a different mix and not just on the rare occasion.

We will never be nearly as good as we can be home and abroad until we have the right blend of youth and experience and that means giving players like Nacho more game time.

I hope he starts against Swansea if it means leaving Bony out of the starting line up but if not I would prefer we start with neither and bring one ( preferably Nacho )or both of them on especially and lets hope its the case we have broken their spirit by half time after 55 minutes tops.

If they are good enough age shouldn't matter as Micah and others have showed in the past.

Very sensible post but I would extend it to beyond 5 minutes.

Nacho showed against Palace what you can do with youth and a desire for youth to impress.

You don't want to ebb that away by playing safe all the time which often leads you astray in any case.

Our better players are often injured now so we need a different mix and not just on the rare occasion.

We will never be nearly as good as we can be home and abroad until we have the right blend of youth and experience and that means giving players like Nacho more game time.

I hope he starts against Swansea if it means leaving Bony out of the starting line up but if not I would prefer we start with neither and bring one ( preferably Nacho )or both of them on especially and lets hope its the case we have broken their spirit by half time after 55 minutes tops.

If they are good enough age shouldn't matter as Micah and others have showed in the past.
Maybe that just shows that Pellegrini thinks Iheanacho is the only one good enough to step up, I haven't seen enough of Maffeo to say whether he is ready or not. I also haven't seen enough of some of the players that have been let go or gone out on loan. But what I can say is that none have really gone and proved Pellegrini wrong yet. I think we have some great prospects but from what I read the best are at younger age groups, but most of them will probably need games on loan before stepping up to our first team level.

Tuesday's game is a terrible example. We had to win to have a chance of winning the group so there was no chance of starting Maffeo for his debut, if he'd been roasted he may never had recovered his confidence. The half time talk ensured everyone upped their game.

Unlike everyone on a football forum, Pellegrini doesn't have the benefit of hindsight.

Don't agree, but oh well.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.