Depression

The Pope said:
shackattack said:
an interesting book to read on the subject by dr. tim cantopher who is a consultant psychiatrist for the priory entitled " depressive illness"-

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.lanternsurgery.co.uk/website/H81672/files/Depressive_Illness_Curse_of_the_strong.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.lanternsurgery.co.uk/website ... strong.pdf</a>

A very enlightening read. Stating that its the strong, caring and determined rather than the weak are the ones most often affected is with out being modest very true in my case.
I've mentioned on here a few times im carer to my wife who is most of the time in agony and bed ridden with 2 young kids to look after. I was always prone to melancholy but 4 years of this life and im still doing everything for everyone with little me time and I can see im faltering badly now. I cant help my wife. God knows ive tried its all in the hands of doctors now who go home at night not hearing her crying in pain. Smiling to my kids with a coat hanger in my mouth, telling the mother in law sure ill fix your printer.
I just want to fuck off in the car, find a big mountain and sit at the top of it.
Ive seen the doctor, ive tried pills but they all seem to make me worse. Years ago I remember sitting in work feeling like I was about to burst into tears any second. Felt the same with a few others too. Nowadays I just take propanalol but thats just for when I get too anxious.
Might try the meditation if I get time.

Sorry to hear your situation mate, sounds stressful to say the least.

The Pope said:
shackattack said:
an interesting book to read on the subject by dr. tim cantopher who is a consultant psychiatrist for the priory entitled " depressive illness"-

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.lanternsurgery.co.uk/website/H81672/files/Depressive_Illness_Curse_of_the_strong.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.lanternsurgery.co.uk/website ... strong.pdf</a>

A very enlightening read. Stating that its the strong, caring and determined rather than the weak are the ones most often affected is with out being modest very true in my case.
I've mentioned on here a few times im carer to my wife who is most of the time in agony and bed ridden with 2 young kids to look after. I was always prone to melancholy but 4 years of this life and im still doing everything for everyone with little me time and I can see im faltering badly now. I cant help my wife. God knows ive tried its all in the hands of doctors now who go home at night not hearing her crying in pain. Smiling to my kids with a coat hanger in my mouth, telling the mother in law sure ill fix your printer.
I just want to fuck off in the car, find a big mountain and sit at the top of it.
Ive seen the doctor, ive tried pills but they all seem to make me worse. Years ago I remember sitting in work feeling like I was about to burst into tears any second. Felt the same with a few others too. Nowadays I just take propanalol but thats just for when I get too anxious.
Might try the meditation if I get time.

I feel terrible for your situation mate, i can only think how much simple words on the internet mean so little when your head is that gone.

I know this will sound naive maybe but have you checked if there are groups to help you mate. Is there anything that could help you now get a few hours peace but without worrying about home that you can think of but can't do due to xyz ?

Well after months where things seemed to be under control its come back all guns blazing, unfortunatly my poor wife is catching the brunt of it with my mood swings.

Sometimes you win, sometimes it beats the hell out of you. It mightn't seem so much, but people are out there and in here. Keep talking lads and lasses.

Well after months where things seemed to be under control its come back all guns blazing, unfortunatly my poor wife is catching the brunt of it with my mood swings.
Try and keep calm and check with your doctor to see if your medication needs tweaking
When it happens to me i tell myself over and over again it will pass and it will x

Me personally im struggling to admit that i have depression typical im a bloke i will be ok but damn am i struggling getting upset and emotional every day stresses like going to work,money problems wife not well with clinical depression herself, children with behavior problems but how far do i take this before it gets to much for me.

i need time off work to try sort this but cant as i need to pay bills,ballifs, etc etc what do i do i just really dont have a clue....

sorry to vent this but seems the right place at the right time maybe.

Interesting bump this thread - forgotten how low I felt only 8 months ago. A lot has changed for the better since then and although happier still scared by feeling that down. So part of me now has to accept it won't go away. However looking back it's not wise to post personal stuff on here and there's a certain couple that will use it against you which I have found out. Not much advice I can give anyone accept it really amazing how life can change in a instant, so don't give up !

Me personally im struggling to admit that i have depression typical im a bloke i will be ok but damn am i struggling getting upset and emotional every day stresses like going to work,money problems wife not well with clinical depression herself, children with behavior problems but how far do i take this before it gets to much for me.

i need time off work to try sort this but cant as i need to pay bills,ballifs, etc etc what do i do i just really dont have a clue....

Hi mate if you're on work or play I'm sure you can go on the sick for two years on full pay instead of going ong half pay after six months a mate told me this its worth a check oh and keep your pecker up mate good luck

I think the most important thing at the moment is to ensure your doctor is aware of how you feel and I'd suggest you sit down with the relevant person at work and explain exactly how you're feeling and your current circumstance. You're not going to lose your job by explaining the situation, and it gives them an opportunity to work with you so that both parties end up in a better situation.

Any employer who doesn't work with you on this isn't worth their salt, and if you don't mention anything it could end up with you taking time off work under the guise of another illness with both yourself and the employer becoming resentful.

Many workplaces have already dealt with depression, anxiety and associated illnesses, it's just that it's rarely discussed openly, even between mates. An employer wants you to be the best you can at work so it really makes sense for them to listen and work with you. In the interim, and in future be honest about how you're feeling if you need to take time off work. Many people disguise their illness, or take time off using an alternative medical reason, but that merely brings added guilt and exacerbates the problem

Bite the bullet and stop putting yourself under any further pressure. You've made a good start by posting on here. Keep the ball rolling now and you will start to see light at the end of the tunnel pal. Best of luck.

It's already too much for you,go and see your doctor this week and front up to it,you can't fix it unless you accept it's a problem
With work how long can you take off sick? start there and see how it goes.Problems get overwhelming sometimes and you just need time to collect your thoughts.If you have money problems then go to the nearest citizens advice centre and they can help you with that,you might be eligible for some welfare help,i didn't want to do it,pride and all but i found i could get help and it really helped me out
You don't have to be the strong man all of the time,you can accept help,hope that helps,good luck x

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.