Derby day ticket criteria

What are you blaming it on then?

We can only guess until full facts are known but i will say a larger percentage of tickets for all games are going somewhere else. You only have to look at selling out points over the past two years for the majority of games. Also it ties in with the sale of £30 tickets. I still believe some, albeit a small amount in the grand scheme of things are being sold on with a higher profit be gained. In addition fans circumstances change, starting a family ect. Do you think a fan who can no longer afford to go on lets say 17k points is going to dropped down the points ladder or still buy a ticket, get the points knowing he/she can still sell on?

And right on cue ...

Seems you be all you ever post about. Perhaps you should take the last two letters off your username.

I used to do most aways and was at Sunderland for that midweek LC game. But work and other things meant I had to stop doing a lot of away games for a couple of years so I fell by the wayside points wise. Personally I couldn't care less about a derby ticket as I was there in 1974 for Denis's back-heel and haven't been back since. Even when I had a decent number of points and could get every other away game, Liverpool included, I couldn't get them for that one. Not that I would have done if I could. But we weren't as popular in those days and now things have, for better and worse, changed. There's no perfect system as some will lose out whatever we do but there are plenty of people with plenty of points who deserve a fighting chance of getting tickets every now and again, without having to rely on mates or begging on here.

That's spelt with a 'K' for info but never mind ...

What are you blaming it on then?
The problem is that demand now far outstrips supply. And even if we got 5,000 tickets, the people on 10,000 points or more would probably miss out. We know the club is siphoning off more and more tickets to corporates, when the rags make them go into a ballot like everyone else (although they have a better chance of success) but the simple problem is an excess of supply over demand.

So you either accept things as they are or try a new method of supply, The club probably don't give two hoots.

We can only guess until full facts are known but i will say a larger percentage of tickets for all games are going somewhere else. You only have to look at selling out points over the past two years for the majority of games. Also it ties in with the sale of £30 tickets. I still believe some, albeit a small amount in the grand scheme of things are being sold on with a higher profit be gained
That I do agree with especially with City allowing 3rd party selling sites to sell tickets. Then I try to think why City would allow this because they wouldn't be making anything from it.

Exactly this. Those moaning about the points system and demanding a ballot aren't the ones who turn out for Swansea and Sunderland away midweek in the League Cup. They just want tickets for the Rags and other big games. Sick of hearing it.

most people can't do swansea away midweek. people do want tickets to closer games, i don't see a problem with that. the problem is its becoming impossible to catch up or get enough points. your argument is just go to swansea a way mid week....near impossible for a lot working people. its becoming a closed shop - away games. its the same people going every game now, even if you did go to the unfashionable games that are miles away, you've got near enough no chance of catching up. if your a young person wanting to start going away games how on earth do you catch up now ? ( or is swansea away midweek your only chance of going for the next few years ?)

loyalty points are a good idea, but i think it needs changing. maybe a certain percentage go to ballot ? and we need to stop giving corporate tickets out so much.

That's spelt with a 'K' for info but never mind ...
I believe 'nob' and 'knob' are interchangeable. Just like most of your posts which generally consist of sticking two fingers up to fellow blues you. I know lots of people who do virtually every game but none of them ever use the "where were these people on Tuesday night at Sunderland" line.

That I do agree with especially with City allowing 3rd party selling sites to sell tickets. Then I try to think why City would allow this because they wouldn't be making anything from it.
Why wouldn't they? They have to pay the home club £30 for the tickets. This lot are such a bunch of money-grabbing tossers that if they can sell a few on for £60 then they'll do it.

Also

" Do you think a fan who can no longer afford to go on lets say 17k points is going to dropped down the points ladder or still buy a ticket, get the points knowing he/she can still sell on"

Trust me also i would. Unfortunately when my circumstances changed (Mortgage) i had little points to take advantage. Rightly or Wrongly

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.